PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasaucer accident

nofeea
05-20-2003, 10:35 AM
DD got knocked above the eye yesterday with one of her ultrasaucer toys! We have the 2003 castle theme saucer and DD has just begun to really reach out and "play" with the toys. While pulling on the "orange flag rattle" it bounced back and hit her right above the eye. (This is the toy with the 3 spiked hard orange plastic 'flags' sticking out above the clear plastic diamond filled with little colored balls.) Luckily, she was not seriously injured (the spikes missed her eye) and I put ice on her bump but as you can imagine this was a disturbing incident! The orange spikes are really quite pointy for a baby... I've now removed that toy from the saucer!! Has anyone else had a similar experience with their saucers?

Fary
05-20-2003, 03:13 PM
We have the same kind of ultrasaucer and removed that toy few days ago because we thought it was not safe. Babies at that age don't have too much coordination and they could easily poke their eyes with those spikes.
I am glad that your baby is ok.

Kiara's mom

nofeea
05-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Well, here's an update. I e-mailed and then spoke to the customer service people at Evenflo and they were great. They sounded concerned and asked me for a lot of specific info to tell their engineers. They said that this was 'such a new product' (model, I guess) that they haven't gotten much feedback on it. They're sending a replacement toy for the "jester" (So, that's what the dangerous toy is called!!) I must say, I was impressed with their prompt response (both e-mail and phone.)

mommyb
05-22-2003, 08:33 PM
My son loves to chew on the jester (and any other toy on the saucer that he can bend into his mouth). We haven't had any problems, but I am going to go look at it. Thanks for the info.

By the way, this ultrasaucer is the best $75 I ever spent. Homecooked meals again!

petersmom
05-30-2003, 11:43 AM
We removed the castle too many sharp edges. Never thought to email company. Sorry to hear of your little one's accident. our DS loves the jester,in his mouth all the time.

Peter