PDA

View Full Version : Older version Chicco Mamma owners look here!

brubeck
05-21-2003, 12:45 PM
A friend of mine just bought a new Chicco Mamma from EBay. It was sealed in the box, and turned out to be the kind with the old tray, but had no pegs on the back of the chair to hang it.

She called up Chicco (1-877-424-4226) and they immediately offered to ship her either:

A new chair with the pegs
OR
A new activity tray

FOR FREE.

So anyone who has this older chair without the pegs (but with no activity tray) should call up and take advantage of the offer.

HTH!

mamahill
05-21-2003, 01:20 PM
I did this way back when I bought my chair from BRU and it didn't have pegs. I emailed and they sent me the new tray right away, for free. The activity tray is definitely heavier, but Ainsleigh loves playing with the pieces. And when we go to someone's house with it, I take the lighter tray. Gotta love Chicco's customer service.

cazad
05-28-2003, 12:35 AM
Talk about good PR! I keep hearing from this board and my playgroup mommies how much they love this company.

I registered for and received a ChiccoMamma high chair, only to have dd figure out how to insert her foot into the latch, push forward, and remove the tray - food, cup and all! I posted this problem to this board and received a response from another member who said they had the same problem and Chicco sent them another new & improved tray. I e-mailed Chicco complaining about the problem, but didn't feel comfortable outright requesting a free tray. I just suggested that they improve the model they already had.

They did not ask me to prove I actually owned the chair, didn't ask me when, how, where I bought it or anything. They just wanted to send me a new tray (with a button that needed to be pushed at the same time the latch was pulled in order to remove the tray). Moreover, they checked back with me to make sure I got the color I wanted. Now THAT is customer service! I swore from that moment on I was going to purchase everything they made. I would have purchased their stroller if the basket would have accomodated my diaper bag (I considered getting it anyway, and the only reason I ended up with another stroller was because my husband went out and bought one). I will always check their site to see if they make what I'm looking for before buying anything. What I've seen so far has always been durable, solid, and had sturdy fit & finish.