PDA

View Full Version : Gentle Naturals Baby Eczema products

colleenfs
05-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Has anyone tried these? I bought them today at Target (Eczema Baby Wash and Baby Eczema Cream.) I probably just got suckered, but maybe they do work! Any comments?

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

teddy
05-23-2003, 12:15 PM
I am just about through with my first bottle of the baby wash. It smells nice and it cleared up the flaky skin on my baby's head in one use. But she still have some dry patches on her elbows that have not yet cleared up. But it is not as drying as the Johnson's Baby Wash I had been using. I haven't seen the cream so I must try that. My ped recommends just using olive oil as an emollient. I'll probably try my Cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser on DD once I finish the Gentle Naturals, just for comparison's sake.

etwahl
05-23-2003, 12:52 PM
I use both on my baby who has eczema. I like it. I was previously using a non-soap cleanser and cream (cetaphil) and neither smelled liked anything. Baths were so boring! Now I have this, and really like it. Plus, the cream I like applying after the bath because it does smell interesting and has some consistency to it, rather than the cetaphil which seems to just disappear into the skin.

I think it works great. There have been lots of discussions of these products, so you might want to do a search.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

blnony
05-23-2003, 01:08 PM
I've been using them for a few months now, and I really like them. I've posted about them a couple of times before. Audrey has Eczema and very sensitive skin and these products have worked great for us. I use the cream on her face twice a day, and we haven't had a flair up in two months.

Marisa6826
05-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Colleen-

I love this stuff! I'm addicted to the cream - it's even good to use on your hands (which is what I do with the leftovers after I rub down Sophie). It's an "acquired" smell, but I really love it now. It is the calendula that you smell (derived from marigolds).

The only one that I'm not so crazy about is the cradle cap treatment. It works very well, but leaves a funky smell even if I wash her hair twice afterward.

I highly recommend the baby wash and cream, though!

-m

colleenfs
05-24-2003, 11:51 AM
I tried the baby wash and cream last night on Julia. They were both quite nice. Finally we get to have bubbles in the bath again! The lotion was very thick and creamy. I liked it, and it seemed to absorb right into her skin. We'll have to give it a few days to see if they do anything, but on first use, I give them both a thumbs up!

http://www.gentlenaturals.com/

I also discovered this product online - anyone tried it? Pure Baby Eczema Care http://wwww.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=76217&catid=30205&trx=BS-25725&trxp1=HPFP&trxp2=0&trxp3=76217&btrx=BS-25725

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Sarah1
05-28-2003, 09:09 AM
I love the "baby eczema cream"--Audrey (almost 7 mos) has eczema and this really keeps her skin soft and smooth (in addition, we use a prescription eczema ointment sparingly once a day). Unfortunately, I go through it too fast!! I love the smell too.

I have not tried the shampoo, but I will share my favorite with you: Mustela foaming newborn shampoo. This stuff is the BEST. It is SO easy to use and does a great job of getting those flakies (although I don't think anything can completely alleviate the cradle cap problem). Pricey, but worth it!