PDA

View Full Version : Help with Kettler trikes

tzuchang
06-06-2003, 09:21 AM
We plan to buy the Kettler Jumbo trike for DS. Then we saw OSA carries its own Kettler trikes. But OSA didn't have a display model, so we couldn't try it out.

The price at OSA is very good, but I don't know what's the difference between OSA and the Jumbo. Any advice? Thanks!

MinnieMouse
06-06-2003, 09:48 AM
Here is a link to a thread about them from a week ago...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/1126.html

A friend and I have been looking at the Kettler's for our now 2yo (well dd is 22mo)...here is what we discovered....

After talking to OSA and Kettler (with very little actual info from OSA!) the OSA trike is specially made for them to their specifications. They took the frame from the Junior and put the bells and whistles on it from the Jumbo. So it's a Junior frame with the pedal and steering locking mechanisms along with the bucket. When you look at it from that aspect...$99 isn't all that good of a deal..since a Junior can be had for $60 online...after adding the cost of the pushbar and harness..you are up to $90, tack on shipping to the OSA cost (I think it was just under $14) ...you are paying $113. You can get a Happy...with the better frame for $119, free pushbar and free shipping (from mytoybox.com...no connections..just found them on a search). The Jumbo there is $129, but without the free pushbar.

We aren't ready to buy the trike yet...plus we are going to go to a store about 1hr away that carries the Happy and Jumbo to try dd out on each to see which fits better. But my friend ordered a Jumbo along with the push bar and a tandem seat from the site above last Wednesday...after cancelling the OSA order she placed the day before after we found out all this info. She didn't expect it to get there in time for her ds' birthday party on Sunday...but it showed up Friday!! She was THRILLED!

Oh and I spoke to the Kettler rep about the size differentiation between the Happy and the Jumbo. Their frames are EXACTLY the same size. She said that they "fit" different because of the seats. Said that the Happy seat is more contoured and fits younger/tinier children better. The Jumbo seat is less contoured and fits larger kids better.

I was very impressed w/ the Kettler rep. She was VERY forthcoming with info and extremely happy to answer all my questions.

HTH

Christine

tzuchang
06-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the great info. This helps a lot.

I just noticed that the Right Start has their own Kettler trike too. Does anybody know how their trike compares to the Jumbo? Thanks!