PDA

View Full Version : You were right, I'm heading out to buy a mobile

MartiesMom2B
06-06-2003, 10:24 AM
All of those mommies out there who told me that the Tiny Love Mobile was worth the money, I'm going out to BRU today to buy it. We did hang a big butterfly over her crib but she doesn't care. We have the rubber ducky FP swing and she loves staring up at it, so I'm getting the Tiny Love Mobile today so she can have a positive experience in her crib. Out of all the mobiles out there, this is the one that I like the best and I think it has enough stuff on it to catch her interest.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

ehmom
06-06-2003, 11:06 AM
another good mobile is the infantino "go mobile" (around $37-45). it has really cute animals (either a farm theme or little monsters). it converts to a stroller play bar and also a set of stacking rings. it seems well made as all the parts squeak and play music etc. you can also just detach the animals individually to play with. our baby is due in july. so we haven't tried it yet. but, the it seems like a good one because it can be used as much more than a regular mobile. you can find a $29 version that does not make stacking rings, but does everything else. they have is at walmart. see the oliver go mobile thread on this page for web sites ! good luck in your search!!

nat12
06-06-2003, 05:15 PM
You've probably already bought it by now but I just wanted to let you know that Toys R Us had all their mobiles on sale for 15% or 20% off (can't remember which, think it's 20%) including the Symphony in Motion about 2 weeks ago, I think the sale's still going on for another week. Pretty good deal considering they're sold everywhere for $40. Dh and I love ours and hope baby will love it as much once the little one finally decides to arrive!

Natalie
edd was June 2

MartiesMom2B
06-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Cool I was going to go tomorrow. Now I'll have to check TRU to see if its there!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

gour0
06-07-2003, 05:32 PM
FYI I have the Tiny Love with the remote control and the arm falls off all the time. If we jar the crib in any way, whatever. It fell right on ds once and now I don't let him under it anymore. I should really email Tiny Love. They have great customer service and a lifetime warrantee, but I have had to email them three times already due to problems with parts breaking during shipping.

akc
06-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi - I had that problem with my mobile too - we had gotten ours when it was FIRST out, so I thought I'd call as well. Our DD was older and it was way down at the end (otherwise, she'd never sleep, so we didn't really worry.) Did you check that it was pushed in and turned to hook it on up there, not just pushed up? That seem to help our situation.

All in all, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I had the Sassy one with the remote (ran on batteries for 10 min - you'd be amazed at what 5 more minutes can get you.) I do miss the Sassy ocean sounds and it faded out really nicely over 2 minutes, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Tiny Love (and I loved the animals on the new remote one - not a fan of the red & black or the monkeys - monkeys scare me!)

Best -

akc
06-11-2003, 04:27 PM
UPDATE! I just called Tiny Love. Their customer service is incredible. They are sending me the arm and the mobile part replacements free - going out today. And, while I was on the site, I noticed that the car bar was recalled - but they were ones produced in 2000 and I got mine about 6 mos ago. She said, just in case, they would include the part that needed to be replaced (a car) for free in the same package.

Awesome. Now, I am a Tiny Love loyal. Just thought you might want to know -

Alexa

votre_ami03
06-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Alexa, Did you get the new part yet? I am curious about how it is working for you. I originally purchased the deluxe, b/c I liked the animals better on that one. Although, after reading the reviews on BRU's site, (not very positive), I took it back to replace it with the standard model.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

akc
06-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi - Yes, worked like a charm! She said that what likely happened is that it was part of a big run & that part was "worn" when the plastic was formed. They are going back to work on it - it's not been "recall" level, but they certainly don't want it happening!

I just could not live w/out the remote as well. I sneak in and hit it which gives me (gasp) 30 min of time with her ecstatically playing in her crib. Sadly, she's starting to pull up, so I've reached the end. Boo hoo!

I think the Tiny Love is the way to go either way, but I was really impressed with their service.

Alexa

votre_ami03
06-24-2003, 06:37 PM
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! My next question was going to be about the remote. *lol* It sounds like you really got use of it then?

I seriously bought it one night, read the reviews & returned it the next! I was not fond of the other two options, the shapes or the monkeys.

Thanks so much Alexa, looks like I may be back for the deluxe model. Sigh!

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

akc
06-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Well, I know some people say it is over-the-top, but the thing I found is that when they get to be social, I could never have walked over to the crib and restarted the music. She'd see me and that would be it. We'd hit the remote from the door (hung it by a little hook right inside the door) and she didn't even know we snuck in. We have this little philosophy - "be your own best friend" - and she really used to like this time in the crib. She'd babble and howl and laugh at the mobile - it was like she was telling them all about her day. The remote gave us and her more of that time w/out disturbing her. I will be the first to admit that it is not a MUST have - just a nice to have if you think you'll use it.

BTW, you may not be using the mobile at all for a WHILE - we didn't use the mobile much until she was a little older (3 mos or so) - it was just too much and was overstimulating. So, you may not need to agonize now. Our DD got overstimulated easily - (had "gaze aversion" where she'd look away when something was too much for her) and the mobile was part of that group in the beginning (also the Gymini). We originally had the Sassy one with the remote (yes, you see the common link) which didn't last as long, but I did like the "ocean waves" sound it had on it. We'd start that and play that as white noise when she was just a newborn. She "graduated" to music and the movement when she was a little older. When she hit about 2 1/2 or 3 mos, she just ADORED the mobile and the Gymini. Would look up and laugh and squeal! We ditched the Sassy for the Tiny Love and were thrilled with how long it lasted (and the batteries), plus we still had our secret remote system.

Get whatever you think you'll want! Tiny Love was wonderful about the issue, so that's reassuring. I don't really think you can go wrong w/any of their mobiles.

HTH -
Alexa

votre_ami03
06-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Alexa, You have a tremendous help, thank you! I didn't even think that it would be too much stimulation for him early on. I do have a white noise (Homedics sound spa) machine too, a few people told me those are a must. Maybe that would be more appropriate in the beginning?

Thank you again for your help.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan