PDA

View Full Version : I got the Snacktrap-- here is my review!

sugarsnappea
06-18-2003, 08:01 AM
The snacktrap is cup that is supposed to minimize spills but allow little hands in and out to retrieve snacks. Ok- I have had it for 3 days and have tested cheerios and raisins. It looks like a small, double handled sippy cup. It has a rubberized top w/ flaps. It was invented by a Mom who wanted less spills.

Unfortunately, I don't love it. Here is why-- the top does not screw on. My 2 y.o. quickly figured out to pull off the lid in order to get her snacks. Also, snacks do not stay if you shake the cup too hard. My daughter had more fun shaking the cup, rather than eating snacks out of it. The actual cup is too small. It holds approx. 1/2 C of Cheerios. You can't fill it too high or the child can't get the snacks out. Lastly, it seems like a great idea if you have a child that would pull out 1 cheerio at a time, but most kids grap handfuls. When this occurs there is always a spill.

I really want to love this product. I think the idea is super and if she could work out the bugs, it would be a useful item. But this may just be me or my DD could be too old for this. I have a friend with a 14 month old who is happy with it. The snacktrap was featured on Dr. Phil last week and people said they were great. Here is the website if you want to check it out- Snacktrap.com. I think I paid $4.50 + $2 s/h.

That is my 2 cents! :D

brubeck
06-18-2003, 03:57 PM
I had the same problem with the Cheerios-dispensing cellphone: my daughter quickly realized that you could shake it and get Cheerios all over the house!

I use the First Years snack cups available at BRU. They come with a lid that rotates so half is open at once. The snap is tight enough that my daughter cannot pry it off. She can still shake out the food, but if she enjoys the snacks enough she will eat them after she has shaken them out.