PDA

View Full Version : baby memory book, any favorites??

shanesmom
06-22-2003, 01:28 AM
Well, before I had my son, everybody kept repeating one piece of advice: Write everything down, so you'll remember it when he's grown! I have a whole series of little notes, but was holding off till I found the perfect baby book. Does anyone have a larger baby book that they adore and can recommend? Ideally, I'm looking for something that would lend itself to my adding photos without having to chop them up to fit a page, and contain lots of "leading questions" so that I'm sure I write everything down. It would be great if the book also extended beyond the first year as well. Thanks all!
Getting Organized at Last,
dori

heidi_timms
06-22-2003, 04:01 AM
I love the Molly West books. They did have them on sale at the Janie and Jack stores and on their website- www.janieandjack.com, but I think that they recently sold out on their website. If you are near a store, I would see if they have any left if you end up liking them. They also sell them on Babycenter.com. They were on sale at Janie and Jack for $39.99 and the second cheapest place to buy them in at babycenter.

http://store.babycenter.com/product/toys_books_and_music/library_pregnancy/calendars_journals/1791?sku=104128

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

jenmcadams
06-22-2003, 11:54 AM
I second the Molly West books...they're really beautifully made and I like the minimalist approach to baby books (enough leading questions so I don't forget, but not every detailed question). These books are handmade, cloth covered and high quality...not cutesy at all. I got my baby book at Babycenter and one of her photo albums off of eBay.

heidi_timms
06-23-2003, 02:55 AM
The Molly West books are still on sale at Janieandjack.com. I just missed them. What a super deal!!!! $29.99!!!

http://www.janieandjack.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?productSizeSelected=0&starting_index=0&pageClicked=3&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1109883&bmUID=1056354224995

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

angelil
06-23-2003, 07:56 PM
I purchased "A Baby Book For You" by the Boston Museum of Fine Arts for my daughter, and I love it! It's not too cutesy (it took me a while to find one that wasn't)--very Victorian looking; has a lot of classic nursery rhymes and illustrations. I got mine at Barnes and Noble, but it's on amazon.com for $11.87 right now. It says "spiral bound," and it is, but the spiral is hidden inside, so it just looks like a regular hard cover book from the outside, not like a spiral notebook. You can look at the book on amazon; they have some sample pages. I don't know if it's the best one for photos, though--it doesn't have a lot of space to add them. The book does go up to I think 5 years--after the first birthday, it just has a 2 page spread for years 2-5.