PDA

View Full Version : Combi deluxe high chair

helenyoo
06-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this website kidspalace1.com? They have the Combi chair for $129.99

Also, is this chair a better choice over the regular Combi easy glider high chair?

I like the look of these chairs (and have their bouncy chair and like it very much)but I see that people also like the Fisher Price chairs. Which is a better chair?

Marisa6826
06-26-2003, 09:39 PM
Here's a thread I posted about the Combi Easy Glide. From what I understand the Deluxe one is even BIGGER.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/1214.html

FWIW, I recently bought the new Baby Trend High Chair and am very happy with it.

-m

August Mom
06-27-2003, 08:14 AM
I just wanted to clarify. The Deluxe Easy Glider is not any bigger than the regular Easy Glider. The Deluxe just has additional features: an acoustic canopy, an infant body pillow (i.e. insert) and a mesh basket. The footprint and folded dimensions are the same. Some have complained that the Combi is much larger than other chairs. I put it next to a Prima Pappa and it took up the same amout of floor space. However, the seat area is larger because of the gliding mechanism and the Combi folds differently than other chairs. It doesn't fold in half, the seat just slides all the way to the ground.

If you have any specific questions about the chair after reading the attached thread, please let me know.

BTW, if your child is small, I would recommend the Deluxe, especially for a good price. I really like the infant body pillow. I do think the canopy is overkill, though.

helenyoo
06-27-2003, 08:56 AM
August mom,

Thanks for your note. I read that you purchased the deluxe over the regular easy glider but you don't use most of the features of the deluxe - except for the infant body pillow. Is that the only feature you like about the deluxe? My son is currently 3 months old and approx. 15lbs - does he sound like he may need the infant pillow in a couple of months? Also, you said that you found a great deal - where did you find your great deal for the deluxe? I am tempted to buy from the site I found but don't know anything about it. Also, the regular glider is on sale at babystyle for $119 so I'm interested in the regular version as well. THe folding contraption is something that I was concerned about but you noted that while the chair folds horizontally, it can be stored on its side - that sounds reasonable. The only other chair that I am interested in is the FP deluxe healthy care chair. But while most like these chairs, some think they are flimsy. Anyway, let me know what you think.

August Mom
06-27-2003, 09:39 AM
The only extra feature that I use is the infant body pillow but that is key for me because DS is small and we were having a tough time getting a decent fit. At 10 months, he weighs just under 18 pounds, so your baby is quite a bit larger than mine was when he started using his high chair. As far as the other features of the Deluxe, the canopy might be nice if you eat outside but I have never used it. The basket could be used to hold bibs or eating equipment, but now DS likes to reach in the basket and put things in it/pull things out of it. I found mine at Babyland, a store in Pittsburgh, PA for $116 I think, but as far as I know, they don't have anymore at that price. It might be worth a call to see if they are having anymore specials, though. http://www.babyland-kidsroom.com/main/contact.shtml (BTW, Babyland carries a lot of merchandise that isn't shown on the website). Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the website you were asking about. As far as folding, if you want a chair that folds up and easily stands against the wall (or is freestanding) the Combi may not be for you. You can store it on its side, but it does look bulkier when folded then a lot of the other chairs, mainly because of the gliding mechanism. It's just not as flat as some other chairs. The tray does stay attached when the chair is folded, so that's a plus. I would recommend trying to find the chairs you are interested in IRL and sitting your baby in them to see which you like. However, I know that finding the Combi is not the easiest thing to do in some areas.

As far as the FP Healthy Care, I really liked it. DH was concerned that the seat was too small for a growing baby, especially with the crotch post on the seat. Also, the tray release and recline didn't work really smoothly on the floor model at BRU. However, this could be due to poor installation or lots of floor testing by customers. I don't know. There are lots of people, including my SIL, who are very happy with their FP Healthy Care chairs. It is definitely more compact than the Combi when folded if that's what you are looking for. And, the tray on the FP chair is very adjustable.

HTH

helenyoo
06-27-2003, 10:52 AM
If the only extra you use in the deluxe is the body pillow the perhaps I'll get the regular easy glider especially since my son is on the big side. We probably won't use it outdoors much and if we do, we have a pretty shady area to eat. I haven't quite figured out whether we will leave it open or folded up but I'll have to check the dimensions in my kitchen where I was thinking about putting the chair.

Thanks again!