PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Bottle Warmer?

aagirls
06-27-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm looking into getting a bottle warmer? I was wondering who had what? and What did they like about it? The only ones I've seen are by Avent and 2 types from Safety First.

Marisa6826
06-27-2003, 12:17 PM
I have the Avent one and it works just fine for our purposes. It takes up very little counter space and is easily portable (if you need to travel with it). It is essentially a little crock pot. You put the bottle in, fill it up with water to the bottle neck and then the water gets hot.

We intentionally don't warm the bottle too much. That way Sophie will take a cold (or cool) one if we're out and about.

The one thing I DON'T like about the Avent is the lack of an on/off switch. You need to plug and unplug it for it to work. When you're so incredibly sleep deprived in the beginning, you find yourself second guessing about whether it's unplugged.

Overall I would recommend it though.
-m

millerpjm
06-27-2003, 12:39 PM
I have a bottle warmer from Munchkin which I LOVE!! It was fairly inexpensive (around 20 dollars at Target). There is a little measuring cup that you put water in and dump it into the warmer. The warmer has a little burner underneath which heats the water to steam which heats the bottle. It's very fast- it heats a bottle in a couple of minutes. The only thing I don't like it that we use the Playtex disposable bottles which you cannot use in this warmer. But all I do is heat the amount I want in a plastic bottle and pour it into a Playtex bottle. I bought one for our babysitter and the grandparents bought one for their house after seeing how quick and easy it is! It will also heat baby food jars and wider bottles. I think it even fits Avent bottles but I am not sure. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: Here's a link to target.com that shows it http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_2/601-0989899-8024958?asin=B00007C65S

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (4 1/2 months)