PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed toddler chairs?

Rachels
06-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Abigail always wants to climb in our chairs, so I want to get a little one for her. I've seen an alarmingly bright red Elmo one at Kaybee (which she LOVES), but I'm wondering if there are other options out there. I do want something stuffed instead of metal or wood, because she's a climber these days and will almost certainly topple over with it here and there. Any ideas?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

emilyf
06-29-2003, 08:21 AM
I have seen those around-most recently at Homegoods. Sorry, I didn't see the price-they looked cute though!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

brubeck
06-29-2003, 10:01 AM
WHERE did you see the Elmo chair? The KB Web site can't seem to find it. My daughter would LOVE it! Is it hideously expensive?

Rachels
06-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Not at all, actually, and it's pretty cute. It was $19.99. We might get it-- it wil just kind of be an eyesore in the room where we need to put it, so I was curious about exploring options. But it's adorable. I saw it elsewhere online for considerably more, though. Try searching "Elmo Sesame Street Plush Chair." I couldn't find it on the KB site, either, but they had zillions of them. They also had purple Barney chairs.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

heidi_timms
06-29-2003, 01:12 PM
I saw some cute chenille "shabby chic" looking ones at Ross stores a while back.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

August Mom
06-29-2003, 01:23 PM
BRU has several for around $50. One of my friends has the Osh Kosh chair and loveseat. She and her DS like them a lot. PBK has really cute chairs and an adorable loveseat/sofa bed. The chairs in-store are $119.99, though. Here's a thread about toddler chairs that may help: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/1153.html

JMarie
06-29-2003, 05:20 PM
I recall seeing patterns for them at Joann's Fabric stores, but I couldn't tell you which book they were in. They did look cute, and I imagine they were stuffed with foam and poly-fill. At least that way you'd know she couldn't hurt herself with it!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

COElizabeth
06-29-2003, 08:06 PM
I think The Right Start still carries some cute ones, too, with matching pillows. Some are denim, and some are a cow print.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

mama2be
06-29-2003, 09:50 PM
These might be too small or low for what you are looking for...but we got them at Sam's Club and they had many differnt critters...

These are bears (hard to tell in the picture) and Schooner kitty now loves to curl up on the one to the left.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/images/crayon_table.jpg

kristine_elen
06-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Once Upon A Child (national chain store of used baby clothes/gear) has them (the chairs are new; not used.) Large color selection. Not sure on price.

memedee
07-02-2003, 07:10 PM
I saw an adorable chenille sofa at Circle Furniture in pink and white that also folds out to make a little chaise.
It was 169 dollars but really cute