PDA

View Full Version : how does one use a Boppy?

kristine_elen
07-03-2003, 09:01 AM
My son (7 months old this weekend) is still wobbly when he's sitting up (tends to lean backward too far, or tip to the side) and someone recommended I get a boppy pillow for him. I didn't have a chance to ask her -- how do you use it? Put it on the floor and set baby in it, or do you put it around his waist like a belt or something? And, do you all think this would be helpful? I'm in no rush for him to grow up and I don't want to be too aggressive on his development, but it seems like he'd have more fun if he was sitting up to play.
Thanks!

daisymommy
07-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Our Boppy pillow worked great to aid Josh in sitting up and help him strengthen his back and torso muscles so he could learn to sit up alone. Just sit DS down on the floor and put the Boppy on the floor around him (flat on the floor, not up around his waist). Not only does it help balance him, but when he starts to fall over, the Boppy cushions him so he doesn't hurt himself. Josh loved to play with his toys this way. A month of using the Boppy and he was sitting up on his own!
Good Luck,

wendmatt
07-06-2003, 12:26 AM
The boppy was pretty handy to put behind dd when she was wobbly, but it didn't really hold her up, just stopped her hurting herself when she fell backwards. It's a bit expensive to just use as a prop, my friend just puts pillows behind. If you plan to have another baby and use it to nurse (wonderful thing to have) I'd recommend it. DD's a bit too big to use it to nurse now.

showersdd
07-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Besides nursing and bottle feeding support, you can use it as the previous person descirbed....for support while sitting. The other thing I use it for is for tummy time. It's good support when the baby isn't ready for flat on the floor yet. I realize your son may be too old for that use....but I'm always thinking up a new way to use the boppy. I think it's money well spent.