PDA

View Full Version : Looking for alphabet magnets

momtoemma
07-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm trying to find a nice set of alphabet magnets to hang low on my frigerator to occupy my DD who is nearly 1. The only ones I've seen seem to be a bit small, and I don't want them to be dangerous for her, i.e. she can stick them entirely in her mouth or possibly choke on them. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I might find a nice set?

Thanks,
Stephanie

mama2be
07-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I think I saw some wooden magnet ones at Marshalls yesterday, I think they had a magnet...maybe not...they were cute...

AngelaS
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Playschool makes some that are bigger than others. I have a couple sets of them. I bought them all at garage sales and kept having to buy more sets to get a complete alphabet. LOL Three sets later, we finally have a V....

JustMare
07-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Just noticed them today in the toy section of BRU.

Andrea S
07-04-2003, 01:29 AM
I found some big ones at TJ Max. Andrew loves playing with them while I am in the kitchen.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Momof3Labs
07-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Here's some:

http://user610249.wx10.registeredsite.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MABC

You can order directly through this site.

jamsmu
07-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Try a parent/teacher store. They always have a large variety and often have them in packs with extra vowels, etc.

josephsmom
07-19-2003, 06:54 AM
I just bought a nice set at TJ Maxx. They are larger than any other magnets I've seen, so I don't think they'd be a choking hazard unless a child swallowed the little magnet itself. The set is made by BATTAT, it comes in a vinyl carrying case, and it includes letters, numbers, and arithmetic symbols. Joseph enjoyed them so much yesterday that I had a hard time getting him to eat his dinner and go to bed!

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

trumansmom
07-19-2003, 09:51 PM
I got those today, too! We were walking through the store and Truman saw them and actually yelled, " A B C D!!!" I almost fell over! They must be talking about the alphabet in daycare, because I had NO idea he had a clue. Needless to say, I didn't have a choice. They came home with us and he loves them!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

cdlamis
07-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi-
I also saw a set at Target- not in the toys section- it was near the baby section.
I don't remember if they were big though.
Daniela

sophiesmom
07-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Just a note of caution with these magnets (the ones that have the tiny black magnets in the back of the letters), it goes back to an old story about myself... When I was about 4, I had to have my ear operated on, because I somehow got the magnet part out of the letter and into my ear! My mom thinks my friend and I were playing 'piercing ears' or something, but however I did it, it was lodged deep in my ear. She used to clean my ears EVERY night after my bath, and figured out something was wrong when I was in pain when she did it. Because of that, I won't let DD have them. ;-)

Stephanie

Sophia 8/4/01
Anthony 5/11/03