PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play Accessories?

bathbody
07-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Baby will be here soon, and I'm still confused about small products I need to have on hand like pads and that kind of stuff.

I ordered Pack N Play sheets on ebay for our Graco with full bassinet/changing station...which other accessories do I need for this?
I read somewhere that someone made a foam mattress for theirs, which sounds great, since I have the PNP with the loud and crinkly bottom. What about a mattress pad? Changing pad? Bassinet pad? Where do I find these kinds of items????????????????????

kaitlinsmommy
07-06-2003, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't recommend using/making any kind of mattress that didn't come with the PNP because it might not be safe, especially for a newborn. Our daughter slept in the bassinet part of our PNP for the first 4 months and it worked out great!

You just use the same PNP sheets for the bassinet because it is the same pad you put in the bottom of the PNP, just moved up. You do not need a mattress pad and I have never seen any made in this size. I liked to put bassinet size waterproof pads underneath baby when she slept in the PNP bassinet. They helped with diaper changes.

I can't help much with the changing pad. We never used it and just changed our daughter in the bassinet part. It seemed like a pain to take her out and then set up the changing pad while holding her.

Oh - I also purchased a Diaper Depot and it fit perfectly on the end of our PNP. If your PNP doesn't have a holders for diapers and wipes, this might be a good investment.

Kim
SAHM to Kaitlin 11-30-02

stillplayswithbarbies
07-06-2003, 01:11 PM
I would not add a foam mattress to a pack n play, especially for a newborn, it's just not safe.

When I was looking for a pack n play, I wanted the 5-way Pack N Play, but it had that crinkly mattress. I read the reviews on Amazon.com at the time and many people had called Graco and got them to send a new mattress for it that was not crinkly. That's worth a try.

By the time I bought mine, the new version was out that did not have the crinkly mattress, so I didn't have to worry about it. I just put a sheet over it and it's fine. (I like the Kushies sheets because they are flannel and very soft)

I don't use any accessories for the pack n play. Mine has pockets on the side that hold changing supplies and diapers. I don't even use a cover on the changing table, we go upstairs for poopy diapers where I am better equipped. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

bathbody
07-06-2003, 04:42 PM
>I would not add a foam mattress to a pack n play, especially
>for a newborn, it's just not safe.
>
>When I was looking for a pack n play, I wanted the 5-way
>Pack N Play, but it had that crinkly mattress. I read the
>reviews on Amazon.com at the time and many people had called
>Graco and got them to send a new mattress for it that was
>not crinkly. That's worth a try.

Why would it be fine to put a foam mattress in my crib, but not the PNP? I guess I don't understand? Because of the low density available from the craft store?

That's what I have: The 5-Way...thanks for reminding me to give Graco a call about that; I've totally forgotten.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Is there a foam mattress made like a crib mattress, but the exact size of the pack n play? You wouldn't want a gap between the mattress and the sides.

When you said "a foam mattress" I guess I was picturing a piece of foam cut to the right size, and if baby got face down on that, they could suffocate.

The mattress in my Pack N Play seems comfortable, it is padded.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

bathbody
07-07-2003, 12:26 AM
>Is there a foam mattress made like a crib mattress, but the
>exact size of the pack n play? You wouldn't want a gap
>between the mattress and the sides.

No, I meant cutting one to size to fit the PNP...cutting the foam and covering it with something. Not that I know how to do that at the moment. But if it was covered with vinyl or something and the sheet, does that still make it unsafe?

houseof3boys
07-07-2003, 08:32 AM
You won't need to add any foam to it since it already seems perfect for a sleeping baby.

I have a quilted nojo terry pad on the changing table since I didn't want Ryan sticking to the vinyl and we also use the waterproof lap pad to save us from accidents.

bathbody
07-07-2003, 08:38 AM
>You won't need to add any foam to it since it already seems
>perfect for a sleeping baby.
>
>I have a quilted nojo terry pad on the changing table since
>I didn't want Ryan sticking to the vinyl and we also use the
>waterproof lap pad to save us from accidents.

I have the 5-Way which is the old version of the Travel Deluxe...the bottom is all crinkly and noisy. I read somewhere on these boards that a mom made her own little mattress from foam at Joann's or something like that.
A Nojo pad is a great idea! I know what those are, but I don't know what lap pads are...I'll have to check BRU.com.

kaitlinsmommy
07-07-2003, 03:05 PM
The waterproof pads are available at BRU and Target. They come in different sizes (lap pads, bassinet pads & crib pads). At BRU, they are in the bedding section.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
I just saw this on eBay. It's a replacement mattress for a pack n play, maybe you could get a new mattress to replace the crinkly one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2332698497&category=2988

(I am not affiliated with the seller in any way, I just happened to see this and remembered this thread)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03