PDA

View Full Version : Best Exersaucer or Pianosaucer???

etwahl
07-09-2003, 02:43 PM
What are everyone's favorite exersaucer, and anyone have experience or thoughts on the pianosaucer one (not sure what it's called).

Also, at what age did you start using this with your little one?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

millerpjm
07-09-2003, 03:10 PM
I just got the Evenflo portable ultrasaucer and DS LOVES it! I like that the legs fold down, since we use it upstairs and downstairs. I'm not sure if other ones fit through doors??? My friend at work has the Megasaucer (I think) and she says her son loves his...

The piano one I think is from Fisher Price.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas (5 months old)

Momof3Labs
07-09-2003, 03:52 PM
We have an Evenflo Megasaucer, and used it from 3.5 months until about 8 months. Now, Colin still likes to play on the outside of it, so it still sits around the house, but he pitches a fit if we try to put him IN it!

Marisa6826
07-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey Tammy!!

We also have the Portable Fun Ultrasaucer and Sophie LOVES it!

We took it with us to East Hampton and I had no problem folding it down. The toys also come off so you can stick them in a bag to keep them from getting dirty.

I highly recommend it!

-m

nathansmom
07-09-2003, 06:02 PM
We have the Ultrasaucer. We've been using it since May. Nathan loves it.

kaitlinsmommy
07-09-2003, 07:07 PM
We have last year's ultrasaucer (I saw it on Babycenter for $65). I HIGHLY recommend introducing your baby to this around 4 months. I waited until dd was 6 1/2 months and she gets bored in it easily. Still, it keeps her entertained for about 10 minutes & we'll have it for future kids. It's great; I just wish I would have gotten one earlier.

Kim
SAHM to Kaitlin 11-30-02

22tango
07-09-2003, 08:27 PM
We have the FP Step&Play Piano (pianosaucer??) and Karenna LOVES it!! We got it for her at 5 months and enjoyed watching her slowly discover each of the toys as she got bigger and learned how to turn and walk back & forth in it. Now at 10 months, she doesn't like to sit in it anymore, but cruises it constantly -- pulling up to play with all the toys or crawling back and forth across the foot pedals. It has 10 instruments (bell, trumpet, bead spinner, clackers, SFX spinner, drum machine, piano, foot pedals, & two types of maracas) plus a mirror with musical note toys to slide and a snack tray. The foot pedals play 10 different childrens songs in 4 modes: partial, complete, sound effects, or single notes. There are two sound levels, we keep ours on LOW (LOL)! Some of the songs are a bit "tinny" and filled with things like children's laughter and sometimes an off note, but they're still fun and a good selection (no over-used "Twinkle Twinkle"...instead things like "Monkey Chased the Weasel" or "Frere Jacques".)

I debated getting an exersaucer, esp. since the Step&Play is pricier and, being new, not available at second-hand stores. But she'll be able to play with this for another 2 years!!

cinrein
07-10-2003, 07:35 AM
We got the Evenflo Portable Fun Ultrasaucer for Anna a few weeks a go
and I'm glad we did. At first she seemed stunned to be in this "thing" and just sat there. I put her in it every other day for about 1/2 an hour and it's been a joy watching her slowly discover the toys and spinning. Now she happily bats at the toys and is discovering her standing legs.

The piano one looked nice, but I tried playing with the keyboard thing in the store and honestly that would be on my nerves so fast. I thought it sounded horrible! Maybe I'm just ultra-sensitive to it. I suggest "playing" with one on display and make sure you can stand hearing the music/sounds for many many months.

I'm sure Lauren will love either one.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

22tango
07-10-2003, 08:37 AM
The "songs" could get annoying if she played with it more than 10-15 minutes per day. But, as I said, there are several modes so you can set it up how you like (at least until they become smart enough to figure it out! LOL) In the complete song mode, pressing any keyboard key (up on top or one of the foot pads) plays an entire song accompanied by lots of flashing lights. In the partial mode, the top keyboard is like a regular piano and only by pressing a foot pad will a portion of a song play -- it takes about 4 presses to complete it. But you can also avoid the songs entirely by putting it in note mode and then both the top and bottom keyboards play like a piano, or SFX mode and then the foot pads play SFX riffs while the top is just a regular piano keyboard. Another tip -- you can unplug the foot pads entirely by disconnecting it from underneath (then only the top keyboard plus drum machine and SFX spinner play and unless the mode is set to complete song, you'll never have to hear one!) Of course, the other 6 toys (plus mirror & snack tray) are non-electronic so are always fun even when rest are turned completely off!

As with any big purchase, try to go see one for yourself!! Good Luck!

blnony
07-10-2003, 11:35 AM
We have the Graco 3 Way Activity Center and really like it. It comes apart and makes a great Toddler center where they can stand up and play with it. It also comes with different toys at the stage.