PDA

View Full Version : Eurobath users- How do you wash their hair sitting upright?

peasprout
07-12-2003, 09:06 PM
My daughter is 8 months old and the top of her head is starting to stick out too much on the infant side (lying down). We almost can't rinse the shampoo out without the water spilling out. I know I can move her to the other side and sit her upright, but how do you rinse out their hair when they're not lying down? Do you just use a washcloth to cover their face? Thanks!

nathansmom
07-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I rinse Nathans hair with the spritz(sp?) that I got at the hospital after delivering Nathan. I can control where I squirt it and have never got soap in his eyes.

August Mom
07-13-2003, 11:29 AM
I use a stacking cup with clean water and pour it over his head while he's sitting. I used to put my hand like a visor over his eyes, but now I just pour. Our Water Babies instructor encouraged us to let water run down our babies' faces when bathing them so they get used to it. I use J&J Baby Shampoo and have never had a problem with burning or stinging DS's eyes.

daisymommy
07-13-2003, 08:13 PM
That's exactly what I do too. I have the stacking cup bath toys set made by Tiny Tikes (Carter's at Target), and the largest cup is a handled cup with a pour spout. It works great for pouring water over his head to rinse off the suds. If the water is really sudsy I run the faucet and use clear water.
I also still use my hand as a visor for his eyes. You can also tilt their head back a little so teh soap runs backwards. One word of caution about the "No Tears" soaps and shampoos--the soap is still bad for their eyes. There is just a special additive put in the product that kind of numbs the eye so it doesn't hurt if it gets in your child's eye. So you should still avoid it.