PDA

View Full Version : Have Fisher Price Deluxe Take along swing..need a bouncer too?

first_time mum
07-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Hi,

I have received some great advice on these boards from experienced moms. Being a first-time mom, it has helped me a great deal. Thanks a ton.

This is my question. I was not planning on getting a swing, I thought I will buy just the bouncer. The only reason I wanted a bouncer was because I had heard that the vibrations seem to calm most babies especially after a feed etc. Now at my baby shower, I received a deluxe take along swing. Do I still need a bouncer? What do you think? Would this swing serve a similar purpose or will the bouncer work better? I heard that most babies love the bouncer, but they might or might not take to swings. Please help.

-SP

josephsmom
07-13-2003, 12:51 PM
You might want to wait and see. Let your baby "test-drive" the swing and see how s/he likes it, and then maybe have him/her try out a friend's bouncer. Different babies like different things. Many folks swear by a vibrating bouncer, but my DS didn't like it at all, and wasn't all that crazy about the swing either. So you might want to "try before you buy."

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

kaitlinsmommy
07-13-2003, 06:14 PM
I would definitely keep the swing and see if your baby likes it. I have the Kick & Play bouncer, and while dd loved to kick and look at the lights, she never liked it vibrating. We have gotten a lot of use out of the Take Along swing. She didn't like it until 2 months but then there were many times it helped soothe her and she would fall asleep in it. When your baby is crying and tired, a swing can be really helpful. I am planning to get a regular swing for our next baby because it has been great but she tries to climb out of this one now.

heidi_timms
07-14-2003, 01:52 AM
DD loves her bouncer. It's good for after feedings so they sit upright, which seems to reduce spit-ups for us. Often, DD takes naps in her bouncer seat. We got the Combi rocker. I probably wouldn't have bought such an expensive bouncer, but I got it new off of ebay for half off!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Momof3Labs
07-14-2003, 09:14 AM
It's always hard to tell - Colin always hated the bouncer, but there was a period of a couple of months where he liked the swing. But he wasn't a swing addict. He was, however, an exersaucer addict from about 3.5 months until 8 months. Babies vary in what they like, and you never know what your baby will like until they are here! (And even then, they change their opinions along the way!)