PDA

View Full Version : Sassy Deluxe Mobile or Tiny Love Symphony mobile? Also mirror question.

Grace_underfire
07-14-2003, 10:43 AM
I am trying to decide between the Tiny Love mobile or the Sassy one. The sassys toys in the mobile can be changed, they have shapes (two sides for each) and plush animal faces. On the other hand everybody talks wonders about the Symphony mobile with the cute animals.
If you have either of these can you comment.

Symphony:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BX8Z/qid=1058196694/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-6379714-6264864?v=glance&s=baby

Sassy:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005MKYI/qid=1058196715/sr=1-13/ref=sr_1_13/002-6379714-6264864?v=glance&s=baby

Also I am trying to decide between two mirrors.
One is the lamaze one the other is a Sassy one.
Here are the links. Does the sassy one seem to busy? The animals cannot be moved out of the way and I am wondering if there is too much going on there for baby and I should stick with the simpler one by Lamaze.

Sassy:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000069670/qid%3D1058196628/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-6379714-6264864

Lamaze:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008BR9G/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/002-6379714-6264864

Thanks for the input!!

KMommie
07-14-2003, 11:10 AM
We have the Tiny Love mobile and the Lamaze mirror. DD loves the Tiny Love mobile, she has the exact same one as your link. I really liked the geometric shapes one, but I couldn't find it when I was shopping for the mobile. DD will stare at the mobile for long periods of time, even without it running. From about 3 weeks on, she would lie in her crib and just look at the animals. There have been mornings lately when I go to check on her and she's quietly awake, just staring up at the mobile. I find the music a little loud and not the best sound quality, but DD likes it as well, although with the music and movement, she seems to get overstimulated after a few minutes. I've found she prefers just to look at it quietly. I wish it had a "no music" mode, where it would rotate only. I'm not looking forward to the near day when I have to take it off the crib.

The Lamaze mirror, I have that attached to the crib as well. I have it on the far side of the crib, so I can peek in the room, and if she's facing the other way, I can see DD's face. If I flip DD over in her crib while she's awake for some "tummy time" while I do stuff in her room, she will look at herself in the mirror. To me, I thought this mirror was too small for her to use during regular "tummy time" on her Boppy. I actually bought a larger mirror (can't remember the manufacturer) and use the prop thing from the Lamaze mirror to prop the larger mirror up in front of DD.

HTH

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

votre_ami03
07-14-2003, 11:20 AM
I have the Symphony in Motion w/the animals & the Lamaze mirror. Although, still waiting on the baby. :D I liked the mirror b/c it can be used for tummy time (the wedge) or attach to the crib w/the velcro straps. I bought another (inferior) mirror, at BRU & the straps were ripping just trying to attach it & there was no wedge.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

flagger
07-14-2003, 11:31 AM
We have the symphony and the Lamaze mirror.

She has loved the Lamaze mirror from the beginning. We gave one to our neighbor and her DD loves it as well, though she spent the first few weeks looking at the black polka dots around the edge.

We haven't used the wedge though as we can prop her up on the Boppy and we have floor to ceiling mirrors on our Master closet doors. We figure she gets plenty of tummy time (for reasons I won't state here.)

She didn't really notice the mobile until we got back from vacation last week. She would however watch the shadows it case on the side of her crib and would watch that movement. I think she was surprised to notice it over her crib when we got back. LOL

stillplayswithbarbies
07-14-2003, 12:46 PM
We have the Symphony in Motion mobile with the shapes and we love it. Logan has looked at it almost since day one. I like that the music is pleasant, and there are two volume modes so it can be turned down for naptime or louder during playtime.

Tiny Love has great customer service. We got the Take Along Arch and the toy that is supposed to play music, doesn't. I called them and they are sending me a new one. I mentioned that I must have put the mobile back together wrong after I changed the batteries as it is making a grinding noise, and they are sending me a new motor!

We also have the Lamaze mirror, and that is another toy that has caught her attention since birth. I like that you can change the angle by moving the mirror to the short or the long side. I agree that the animals on the other mirror may be too busy for a newborn. Logan really likes just staring at herself in the mirror.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

cinrein
07-14-2003, 01:04 PM
We have Tiny Love's mobile and both the Sassy and Lamaze mirrors.

The mobile: Love it! (same one as your link) Although Anna does get bored with other toys, she still is in love with this mobile at 5 mos! I just had to hang it higher for her so she can't reach the animals. She loves to look at it moving or not moving. We also use it to help her "wind down" when she's over tired and needs to sleep.

Mirrors: started out with Lamaze in her crib. She too loved to look at the black/white frame when she was a newborn. Around 3 mos old I also got the Sassy and replaced the Lamaze mirror with it. We use the Lamaze mirror for floor play and the Sassy one stays in the crib. Anna likes the toys on the Sassy mirror--she started reaching for them right away. Lately she loves to gnaw on the purple ring.

If you are going to buy just 1 mirror, I'd get the Lamaze one. I think the Sassy may be too much for a newborn, but not once 3 mos and up. There are other more interactive crib toys you can get when the baby gets older.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

LucyG
07-15-2003, 08:25 AM
We just got the Sassy mirror, and DD loves it! I also like the fact that it stands on its own for tummy time. She is four months old, however, so a less busy mirror might be better for a newborn. When DD was born, we just got a large hand mirror at Kmart and attached it to her crib. Now that she is more active, it's not safe anymore, so we replaced it with the Sassy one.

If you decide on the Sassy, you might check Walmart. I got ours there for about $8.00.

We also have the Tiny Love mobile and LOVE it!!

tshuski
07-15-2003, 08:28 AM
My twin girls loved their Tiny Love mobiles (one for each crib in different patterns). A big plus was the feature of 3 different music sets with 15 minutes of play time. Also look at their new version with the remote control. As they got older, it might have been nice to be able to turn the mobile on from across the room as they were drifting off to sleep instead of having to reach over them to turn it on. You know once they see you, the idea of sleeping might go away :)
Another nice feature is the fact that you can remove the toy bar and just have the music for them to turn on by themselves as they get older.
HTHs.
Trish