PDA

View Full Version : Is there a diffenece in bouncer seats?

Lenox12
07-24-2003, 09:47 PM
I was just wondering if there is any difference between bouncer seats from one brand to another brand? And if anyone has an opinion about what brand to get.
Thanks,
Ann
due: 10-01-03

kaitlinsmommy
07-24-2003, 10:37 PM
I got the Kick & Play based on recs from this board and couldn't be happier. I think most bouncers have the vibration feature and dd couldn't have been less interested in that. The Kick & Play has lights and music and it kept her entertained while I showered and during dinner. I know there is an aquarium bouncer that a lot of people like. I just know my baby liked a bit more entertainment. She liked the swing for relaxation and the bouncer for fun.

JustMare
07-24-2003, 11:29 PM
From what I've gathered, any Fisher Price model is an excellant choice.

The only model that I don't think you can use immediately is the Infant/Toddler Rocker. I think you need to wait a few months, but I could be wrong about that. This model will last you longer since it accommodates a toddler.

The other models you can use from birth to around 20 lbs.

cinrein
07-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Another happy Fisher Price kick n play bouncer user here. I've heard good things about the FP aquarium one too.

I never tried any other bouncer, but when I looked at them at BRU I noticed some have different "reclines". Some definitely don't look comfortable because of the angle.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
07-25-2003, 07:52 AM
FYI, the FP Infant to Toddler rocker can be used from birth.

millerpjm
07-25-2003, 08:45 AM
I had a "generic" bouncy seat (shower gift) that my DS hated... he cried when I put him in it. And the toy bar didn't work. So, I returned it. They didn't have any more so I bought the FP Kick and Play. He LOVED it! I wish I had had it sooner.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

julierobin
07-25-2003, 09:24 AM
After doing a lot of searching, researching and reading many reviews I found two seats that came up regularly... The FP Kick and Play and the Combi Activity Rocker. (And I learned that there is a big difference from brand to brand.) I ended up going with the standard Combi Rocker because I heard it folded up nicely for travel. I ordered it at babyage.com (LOVE that website) and am extremely happy with the purchase. I can tell the product is built sturdy and of very high quality (the price seems worth it). It also has nice features. Unfortunately I can't tell you how my baby likes it yet because baby is due Aug 1. You can find reviews for both products on www.babycenter.com.

Lenox12
07-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Thanks for all your help that gives us some good information.
Ann

sntm
07-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Jack so far is not impressed with the Combi rocker -- I'm thinking it may be more appropriate for older babies.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

helenyoo
07-26-2003, 07:42 PM
I have the combi deluxe rocker and my son isn't crazy about it either! And he is almost 4 months. i'm starting to think that the three soft toys on the bar are not too exciting for Tyson. I don't know... I thought for awhile that it was too reclined but now I'm not so sure.