PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the straps of the FP healthy care high chair???

marit
08-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Since everyone here raves about this chair, I went to Target and got me one! My problem is that my DD put her hand in her mouth and then when it's full of cereal she rubs it all over her self and the straps. I can clean the chair all right but haven't figured out yet how to clean the straps, it makes me hate this chair (I wish it only had a 3 point harness) any ideas?? -

Thanks,
Marit

peanut4us
08-02-2003, 11:16 PM
I have no idea either and have the same seat. I'm interested to see what others say... DH said I should just try to sponge them down with soapy water at the end of the day, and then they will dry over night... but we'll see.

Sarah1
08-03-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi--

I just spray the whole thing down (incl straps) with some kind of kitchen cleaner, i.e. Simple Green, which is non-toxic. It works great, gets everything clean.

I will tell you a story which will make you appreciate the 5 pt harness (it seems like overkill, but...): we were just on vacation at my in-laws, and she borrowed a Peg Perego chair (probably 3-4 years old) that had a 3-point harness. When DD (almost 9 mos) was in the chair and I took the tray off, she leaned forward and her torso was totally parallel to the floor--FREAKED me out, thought she was going to fall head first onto the hardwood floor. Now, I'm sure she wouldn't have fallen, but it was BY FAR the scariest thing that's happened since she was born. So, when you consider that, the 5 point harness is pretty reassuring!

lisams
08-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Similar thing happened to me just the other day. DD was in a highchair that only had a 3-point harness, and when she leaned over I swear her body weight could have thrown her over - maybe not but it sure made me jump to her. It was very scary and made me appreciate the FP highchair.

I actaully take the straps off every couple of weeks and put it in the wash on gentle then let airdry. After every meal I wipe them down with a wet washcloth. I found that it really helps if DD wears a big bib that covers the straps.

HTH!!

Lisa

22tango
08-03-2003, 10:02 PM
I have strap covers (like the kind you can use on carseats) which I can just take off and throw in the wash!!

peanut4us
08-04-2003, 11:55 AM
where can you buy those?

stillplayswithbarbies
08-04-2003, 12:01 PM
I got my straps at Target. They are meant as car seat strap covers and are in the baby section. (where you find the neck pillows and mirrors to see your baby and other car accessories).

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

nigele
08-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Ugh. I hate cleaning the straps on ours! I used to take them off but they are so extremely difficult to remove and to put back on. Now I just clean them while they are attached to the chair using a toothbrush and dish soap.