PDA

View Full Version : Door Jumper

amyzjoy
08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Okay, now that I have the proper name for this item....does anyone have thoughts (pos or neg) on the Graco Bumper Jumper??? I read a review at another site that said don't get it if you have small doorways... well, that is what I have (measures about 33 inches). Is this a problem? The item seems to measure 17 inches
Thanks
Amy

mom2kandj
08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Also, make sure that your doorway or opening is framed in molding, as the clamp will slip if there is no molding at the top of the frame. We did not have the Graco, but we did receive a jumper from the Rightstart(it has a purple harness that attaches with straps and velcro) and this jumper was wayyyyyy too complicated for us to use! HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

jd11365
08-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Have it and LOVE it! Right now she's too small to jump but likes us to pull it and let it go...like a swing, so I know why you called it a swing at first. It has a tray which we put small toys on and it keeps her occupied and happy...I say go for it.

BTW, we have regular sized doors...I don't know what the problem would be...works perfectly.

Marisa6826
08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
We have the Graco and LOVE it. Your baby needs to be able to hold him/herself up though. How old is s/he?

-m

luvbeinmama
08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
If you try it, make sure you have good 2-3" moulding on your doorframe. Also, you want to make sure you have a doorway to put it in where they can see you as you do things. I tried the Graco Bumper Jumper with DS and he HATED it! So I didn't even try with DD (I had gotten rid of it by then anyway and no good doorways). Keep the box just in case.

JMHO!

kalebsmama
08-13-2003, 02:13 PM
We had one and loved it! I put it in our kitchen door (standard size opening) and it kept him occupied while I cooked dinner. Used the tray for toys or Cheerios. Eventually he decided that walking and running around was more fun than jumping!:)

amyzjoy
08-13-2003, 03:00 PM
My daughter is 8 months old and is petite (about 14.5 lbs) so I think that she will get some use out of it

Thanks
Amy

Marisa6826
08-13-2003, 11:06 PM
She sounds like she's right on par with Sophie! :)

-m

kclm
08-17-2003, 12:14 PM
We have one and DS *LOVES* it! He uses it for about 20 minutes each day, and has been using it for several months now (he's almost 9 months). I anticipate he'll continue to use it until he crawls/walks, so we will have gotten 5-6 months of solid use out of it at least. Well worth it!

Karen
Tad, 11/21/02