PDA

View Full Version : Need birthday present ideas

Marisa6826
08-13-2003, 11:00 AM
Jonathan's stepbrother has boy/girl twins that will be two years old the end of this month.

Sophie received an invite to their party.

HELP! What do you get two year old twins??!!

Beth, any ideas??

-m

brubeck
08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
When my neighbor's twins turned 2 I got them the Little People Noah's Ark and the 2 extra animal sets (total cost less than $40). They loved it and it is still one of their favorite toys.

You could also get some books or DVDs. Sesame Street is a big hit with my 2 year old.

pritchettzoo
08-13-2003, 07:42 PM
I saw the Little People Noah's Ark at Costco this weekend in the holiday toy section. I think it was under $20 and was really cute!

Anna
#1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

Marisa6826
08-13-2003, 11:05 PM
One more reason to go to Costco!! :)

-m

MinnieMouse
08-14-2003, 08:19 AM
Without reading the other posts..I was going to suggest ANYTHING from Little People. My 2yo adores them. My sister gave dd the Noah's Ark set along with the two expansion sets (main set is noah, "his wife," and four pairs of animals...expansion sets have 3 pairs each...for a grand total of one pair of people and TEN pairs of animals!!). This is by far dd's favorite LP set. The amount of small characters is probably the biggest draw for her...she plays w/ them constantly.

Other good choices are the Garage, Zoo, Farm, Airport..or smaller sets for the various vehicles (fire truck, bus, etc.)....dd plays with the "boy" sets just as much as the girl ones :-)...she loves her trucks and cars.

You can't go wrong with LP stuff.

Christine

egoldber
08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Sarah is the only child on the planet not totally enamored of the Little People? She likes them OK, but they are definitely not favs.

For her birthday, she got:

a box puzzle (You can see it here http://www.hannahroseytoys.com/Puzzles/Box-Puzzles/Bear-Dress-Up-Box-Puzzle.htm , and I would recommed ANY toys by those Melissa and Doug folks)

a PlayDoh "Bucket of Fun"
a hat and purse set
a video
a doll set (doll with stroller and other baby accessories)

Sarah's favorite toys, by far, are ones that let her mimic or immitate adult actions. And she loves all types of "art supplies", washable crayons, sketchpads, paint brushes (we only paint with water inside!), etc.

HTH,

mama2be
08-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Sarah loved that one I had at my parents remember???? She went right to that one...

I love the Melissa and Doug products...I think I have almost all of them...I am addicted to wood toys-just today I went to Marshalls and got the Pizza, the cutting board items, the pooh bear activity board, the pooh bear puzzle, and three shape sorters with different colored shapes...

ALSO...our local Tuesday Morning has a clearance on the wood toys they have left from last "season" 40% off many that I paid full price for...but I got a wooden fire engine, a wooden "workshop desk (bench)"...for 40% off there yesterday...

and Beth like you I like the idea of "art supplies"...

egoldber
08-14-2003, 06:30 PM
I did indeed remember! And I picked one up at TJ Maxx a couple months later when I saw one! :)

Marisa6826
08-15-2003, 07:14 PM
I thought about doing the wooden toy puzzles, but I seem to remember their golden retreiver likes them a little too much, too.

I ended up getting the Little People Noah's Ark and a Sit n'Spin at Costco today. Saved myself about $15-20! :)

-m