PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a baby food grinder or blender or none of the above?

kristine_elen
08-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi there. My 8-month-old son generally just eats store-bought jar baby food (along with breastmilk and formula) but I'm thinking I should expand our horizons. Would you recommend a grinder (if so, which one?) or should I just use my blender, or my mini food processor? What do you guys make for your kids? (What is is that you're mashing up for them?)
Thanks for your help!

emilyf
08-13-2003, 08:52 PM
I use my mini-chopper and it has been great-I've done sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, beets (loves these!), banana, plum, pear, avocado, squash and maybe some I'm forgetting. Now that he is a bit older I just mash most of the fruit (mainly banana and avocado) with a fork. The chopper is still great for veggies though.
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

kristine_elen
08-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Do you mean an electric chopper, like a small food processor, or a manual (non-elec.) thing? Thanks!

C99
08-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Right now, I use one of those Braun puree wand things. For later, I suppose I will use a mini-chopper -- the electric version.

kaitlinsmommy
08-13-2003, 11:14 PM
I use a mini cuisinart to puree squash, carrots & green beans. I mash everything else with a fork, including sweet potatoes, banana, avacado & pear. I think a blender would work just fine if you choose to do it.

JLiebCamm
08-14-2003, 11:09 AM
I like using my Cuisinart mini-prep. It works well and is easy to wash.

emilyf
08-14-2003, 01:31 PM
I use a cuisinart mini-processor. I haven't tried my blender, but would imagine it would work too. It really does save money too. I bought a bunch of beets at the farmers market for a dollar, and made several trays worth of pureed cubes. Fortunately, he likes beets although the pink poop took some getting used to!!
Emily
mom of Charlie born 11/02

nola
08-14-2003, 04:32 PM
I use the classic cuisinart. I wouldn't trade it for anything since I will make 6 cups of baby food and freeze them in little 4oz glad disposable/reusable containers.