PDA

View Full Version : baby trend high chair owners????

cchavez
08-16-2003, 02:32 PM
We saw the Tahoe chair today and really liked...the colors match perfectly with our kitchen. :) Anyway, I would prefer a vinyl cover for the seat....I have heard you can get one from baby trend...what does it look like? How much does it cost?

We might just wait until Sept. to get the other chair w/ a vinyl cover.....but it doesn't sound like it will match as well.

Finally, overall have you been please with your chair? DS is not on solids yet but he will probablly start soon. He will be 16 wks on Tuesday and is chubby about 16 lbs.....I don't want him to far or too close to the tray....have any of you had problems with this....is the tray adjustable as far at how close or far you can have it from baby...

Today he seemed to fit pretty well in the seat and the tray did not seem too far but then again he is still pretty young

any advice is appreciate. thanks

our other choice is the prima pappa but we like the price of the baby trend

luvbeinmama
08-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with the vinyl cover. Personally, I prefer the cloth. I do have the Baby Trend HC and I REALLY like it. The price is good, and the cloth was the clincher for me. It's really easy to use. HTH!

Marisa6826
08-17-2003, 11:01 AM
We have the Tahoe one and LOVE it. Sophie's 8-1/2 months old and is about 16 pounds. I still have her sitting on a folded towel because she's short (only 5th percentile for height).

I love having the cloth cover and the Tahoe pattern not only matches my kitchen, but is adorable.

We have no qualms whatsoever with the chair. It's worth every penny. We've even packed it up and took it to our inlaws' for 4th of July. Just lowered the seat, folded it and stuck it in the trunk!

You can always get the Tahoe and get the vinyl cover they sell for it at the Baby Trend website.

-m

spikeso
08-17-2003, 03:41 PM
It costs $21.75, shipping and handling included, plus the cost of a money order. (They accept personal check, but they hold the check till it clears, delaying your order.) The only drawback to the vinyl cover is that it is a solid white, and works in place of, not over the cloth cover. The solid white vinyl is a bit sterile and boring looking. But it works great.

The easiest way to get info on how to order is to call Baby Trend's customer service site and ask for details on how to order.

And btw, the high chair is awesome. The 3 recline positions are great. And the tray is very snug up to our baby, with less gaps at the sides for arms to get caught in.

-neal

bnme
08-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Like the chair. It seems roomier than the Pappa, too. My DS sits better in the Pappa now ( a friend has), but I think it might be snug for him as he gets older...hes a big boy.

I don't use the tray when feeding him. He seems to short for it really. I also don't love the way the tray slides on. SOmetimes its a cinch but other times it seems to stick.

The seat cover is washable and washes up nice. I am curiuos about the vinyl, though. It does seem more practicle.

Overall, it is a great chair. I like the recline and height adjustment features.

alaskadiver
08-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi...

Just a stay-home dad here commenting on high chairs. I don't know which model is the Tahoe. We have the dark blue plaid model sold by Babies R Us and we love it. Personally I much prefer the cloth to plastic because I often keep little Catalina in it when I'm working in the kitchen, even when she's not eating. Vinyl would be too hot and uncomfortable. She reclines nicely and falls asleep easily in this chair, or loves to sit up straight and play with toys on the tray.

This is a GREAT chair as the reviews on epinions.com will tell you. The cover pops off in 2 seconds and goes into the washing machine when I wash darks. Overall, I'd echo the previous comments. This is an extremely well engineered chair. The tray table that pops off and goes into the dishwasher is great and the recline is a must. Also, we LOVE the casters. We just spin the kid around to wherever we want her.