PDA

View Full Version : Melissa and Doug wooden toys

stillplayswithbarbies
08-17-2003, 05:32 PM
I saw Melissa and Doug wooden toys at Once Upon a Child (a consignment shop chain that also carries new items). They were $4.95 for the small sets (screwdriver, nuts and bolts), and $14.95 for the big sets. (blocks, pattern matching, pizza party, sandwich maker, clay play, vehicles and signs, and some books and lacing sets)

Is that a good price? I picked up the pattern matching one, and the nuts and bolts. I'm thinking I should go back for the sandwich and the pizza sets too. At least. I liked the blocks, but I am sure we would never get them back into their little wagon so neatly.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lukkykatt
08-17-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL! I just picked up the same sets yesterday at Marshall's. I just pulled them out of my car to check, and the prices were the same.

I got the pizza set, a cutting board w/food, some of the numbered blocks, and some lacing sets (not all for us - some will be gifts). I thought they were very cute!

mama2be
08-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Well we jsut had two little girls over (friends kids) and they loved the pizza set and the "cutting board" set...

I love these sets...and those are "good prices"...they are lower than the speciality shops, but you will see them often at marshalls etc... for the same price.

I am on a mission to get almost everythig that they make :)...
I just noticed the castle, stables etc.. yesterday at a boutique. I might get the castle...I have a huge wooden stable that I got at the thrift store and I have bought 4 Beyer horses to go with it...

If you get heir puzzles see my recent post about how to store them...there was some excellnt advice from the community...one was a shelf that fits alot of these puzzles...