PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Playtex insulated cups leaking??? Call Playtex CS for replacements!

mom2kandj
08-17-2003, 07:22 PM
This was a problem that came up on the Toddler Board. I thought some of the Baby Board moms would appreciate the heads up, too! I had just pushed my leaky Playtex insulated sippy cups to the back of the cupboard and only used them when everything else was empty. BTW, the leaking is not from the spout, but near the threads that hold the lid on the cup. Momathome posted her frustration with these cups and lit a fire under me to do something about the wasted money that was sitting in my cupboard. Here's what happened:

"I called Playtex today(8/8/03)! CS was very understanding! The woman I spoke with had not heard of any leaking problem with the insulated cups because the cups are a new product. She did say that their research and development team likes to see the defective products when there are concerns. I told her that I had about 4 bad cups and she is sending me a postage label to send them back to Playtex. She also offered to replace my defective cups(is sending two now and two when they receive my leaky ones or I could have gotten coupons for new ones) and I've asked for the non insulated cups. FWIW, she did ask if I washed them in the dishwasher even though they say the cups CAN be washed in the DW on the top rack. She didn't make a big deal of it. I also complained about how the designs on the outside of the cups are getting scratched and looking shabby. Here are their CS #s: 800-222-0453 (U.S. Residents) 800-387-1300 (Canadian Residents) and their CS hours are 8 - 8 EST."

I received two new cups and the postage on 8/15/03. I was pleasantly surprised by their response!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)