PDA

View Full Version : ds LOVES the Baby Einstein

deborah_r
08-21-2003, 03:54 PM
I am amazed! The Baby Einstein DVD's arrived yesterday and DS is mesmerized by them! He's been watching the TV lately so I thought he would like them but I never expected them to hold his attention like that. Now we just have to make sure we use them in moderation!

Although his dad is addicted to TV (mostly documentaries) and he works in television, so there's not much hope of keeping the TV away from DS. We'll just have to be careful what he watches.

Marisa6826
08-21-2003, 06:01 PM
I'm afraid that Sophie WILL love it, too! :)

-m

liya
08-21-2003, 10:19 PM
I got Arian the 12 VHS set(we only have DVD in our room, we have VHS in the playroom)....And he absolutely loves it!!!

I gotta get the flash cards for when hes bigger....

Marisa6826
08-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Sophie's watching Baby Mozart at this very moment. She's not as crazy about it as I thought she would be. I think she's more into the fact that she's near the dogs!

She keeps hollering at the TV. It's pretty funny.

-m

PS - I feel like a total loser Mommy for sticking her intentionally in front of the TV, but I just couldn't handle the whining this morning. :(

Sarah1
08-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Baby Einstein is GREAT. And as moms, I don't think we should be hard on ourselves for letting our little ones watch TV from time to time. We only have so much energy to play and entertain--it can be so exhausting (I know I'm preaching to the choir here...)

My poor child is often subjected to watching tennis. Whenever there is a tournament on, it's on. Future tennis player, perhaps???

newbelly2002
08-23-2003, 02:35 PM
I wish my little one would show the slightest bit of interest, but he doesn't. We've tried Baby Mozart, Neptune, Language/Nursery. Also cartoons, the little "Eisbaer," it just doesn't fly.

Nena (of 99 Red Balloons, remember?) singing kid songs on the CD, however, will keep him busy for 15 minutes at a stretch. And yesterday he sat mesmerized for 45 minutes at a German/English sing along. Go figure....

Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

Torey
08-23-2003, 08:38 PM
DD loves the Baby Bach (of the Baby Einstein series). I'm embarrassed to admit that the past few weeks she has watched it too many times. We have been having sleeping/teething/???? issues and it is the only thing that will calm her down.

peanut4us
08-24-2003, 09:54 AM
DD really likes the Baby Mozart one, but no matter which I put it, it only holds her attention for about 10 minutes at a stretch. When she loses interest, I just make sure to turn the TV off, so it's not perpetually on.