PDA

View Full Version : Playtex Diaper Genie Customer Service is AWESOME!

brubeck
08-22-2003, 01:06 PM
I have a Diaper Genie that I love and I've been using it for almost 3 years. It is the older style (wide opening) with the clear pink plastic lid and the cutter that attaches to pegs on the lid.

Recently one of the pegs fell off and I called up Playtex to try and find a new lid. It is really annoying when the cutter is falling onto the opening all the time!

I got sent to a voicemail system, told them what part I needed and gave them my name and address.

Yesterday (1.5 weeks later) in the mail I received a new lid. But it is not the same lid I have, it is the NEW lid with the cutter built-in! I had seen those when they came out and longed for the upgrade. And now I have it for free!

Obviously it is in Playtex's interest that I keep using the DG because then I buy their refills. But I am still impressed by the customer service that sent me a replacement part for free with no questions asked.

Kudos to them!

mamahill
08-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Oooh - good to know! One of the pegs on mine recently broke, too. I tried super-gluing it, and it didn't work :(. I'm cding most of the time, but would still like to HAVE one. I'll have to give them a call! Thanks for the info!

Edited to add: I just called and they're sending me the new lid too! Woohoo! She said they no longer make the old lids, so she'd send out the new one. I actually talked to a woman, so maybe you called after hours? Anyway, for anyone else, here are the phone numbers:
800-222-0453 (U.S. Residents)
800-387-1300 (Canadian Residents)

Thet were so accomodating that my opinion of them just shot up about 17 notches! Thanks, Helen, for the heads up!

nigele
08-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Sarah,

I'm glad your opinion of them shot up. I'm really annoyed with Playtex! I called a few weeks ago to find out why they no longer sell replacement straws for their straw cups and they told me there was no demand for them. Argh... I need more straws and I can't believe others don't. I don't think they were making enough money and now if you lose a straw, you have to buy a whole new cup to get a new one.

lukkykatt
08-22-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm SO glad you posted this! Our pegs have broken off too, and we have been keeping the cutter in a drawer in DS' room. It never even occurred to me to ask for a new lid...

I'm going to call them on Monday!

Thanks.

brubeck
08-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem! :-)

Maybe that's why they changed the lid? I had heard it was because some people had trouble positioning the cutter when using it, but maybe the peg thing was an issue too.

Anyhow, I'm glad I could help out by letting you know. Certainly if something else on my DG breaks down I'll be calling them to let them know. :-)

And Sarah, I could very well have called after hours. As you know when you call at 3 pm in CA it's just too late for those poor East-Coasters to answer the phone. :-)

brubeck
08-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Maybe you could surf the Big Lots/Closeout stores and find a bunch cheaply?

lukkykatt
08-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Woo hoo! I just called and they're sending me a new lid, with cutter! Yeah!

cara1
08-26-2003, 01:15 PM
Hey, great idea. Our little "peg" fell of when we moved. They're sending me a new lid, too. I hope it fits...

amyinNC
08-27-2003, 01:39 PM
My lid is broken too (older pink colored lid)! Anyone have the number handy???

Thanks in advance!

brubeck
08-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Sarah posted it in the first reply. It should also be in your instruction book. At least that's the number I used!

amyinNC
08-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Thanks for responding. I guess I was browsing a little too quickly and missed it. I called and they are sending me a replacement too. I'm so excited.... about this and my new chest clip for my peg perego car seat (mentioned on the car seat board). Hurray for these boards!!!

jlazx2
08-28-2003, 10:49 AM
The original diaper genie (before playtex bought it from Mondial) had a lifetime warranty. This was for both the wide & older versions. Because of that I think they honor any requests for parts but dont advertise it anymore.

cara1
09-10-2003, 08:46 AM
So I called for a new lid Aug 26. Not to be inpatient or anything, but how long did it take the rest of you to get your replacement lids?

emmiem
09-10-2003, 09:17 AM
That's so funny! I just called yesterday because I have an odor that won't come out and they are sending me a postage paid label to return it. When they receive it, they will either send me a new one or give me a refund! I also have a broken peg on a second one that I keep upstairs. I guess I will wait a few weeks so they don't thing I am crazy.
Emmie

mamahill
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
I called on Aug 22 and I just received mine last Thursday (can't remember exactly)? So you should be getting yours any day now!