PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price Learning Patterns Infant-to-Toddler Rocker

hellokitty1
08-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Does anyone have this rocker and what do you think about it?
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?id=17606&c=bgb

DD really enjoys the Ocean Wonders Aquarium Bouncer and when she started daycare and had issues with naps, we took her bouncer to daycare so she could sleep and play in it. So now we have no bouncer at home. We thought we'd at least bring it home for the weekends but that is starting to be a hassle. We thought about buying another bouncer but it seemed to be waste to have two of the exact same items and then I saw this rocker online and it seemed really cute and I liked the fact that it lasts til DD is a toddler (40 pounds). Once she starts to sit up (which is very soon) she won't be able to use the bouncer anyway.

Just wanted to know if anyone had this and what they liked/disliked about it. TIA!

Marisa6826
08-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi Vivian!

I looked into the FP one after I caught Sophie sitting up in her Kick and Play trying to look over the side.

I read a bunch of reviews (epinions, etc.) saying that it can tip over because it only has a three point harness.

I ended up getting the Combi Deluxe Activity Rocker. It has three reclines, a rocker "brake" so it is stationary, collapses for travel and storage and it has a FIVE point harness. It's also a LOT more cushioned than the FP and it sits lower to the ground, so a little person could easily walk over and get in themselves.

Granted, it's more expensive, but I was able to get it with a 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby.

My husband (who's an overgrown computer/techno geek) thought it was very cool that the Combi Rocker also comes with built in headphones in the canopy so you can play CDs or MP3s. I've honestly only used that feature a couple of times. Nifty, but a bit of overkill.

Although the Combi is officially rated to support 25 lbs, we were told that Combi has tested it to 40 lbs. and it did just fine.

I was most impressed that it comes FULLY ASSEMBLED - a very refreshing concept!!

Good luck

-m

sarsah
08-22-2003, 09:57 PM
We have this rocker and like it a lot. My DS is 3 1/2 months old and we've been using it since day one. He is just starting to get into the toy bar and seems to like it. We never did put batteries in it and use the vibrating feature, so I can't comment on that.

We also have the 1st generation Infant-to-Toddler Rocker from 2000 which we used for our older son (now 3). He loved it so much and still uses it that I felt it was money well spent to buy a new one for the baby and not have to fight a 3 year old for his.

Sarah....

stillplayswithbarbies
08-22-2003, 10:10 PM
We have it and love it. It reclines almost flat, so if she falls asleep in it I just recline it. She likes the toy bar. I like that she will be able to use it for a long time as her own special chair.

Definitely better than a bouncy seat. (we have one of those too)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

s7714
08-23-2003, 02:05 AM
We received this rocker as a gift about a month after I had my daughter and we love it. She loves sitting in it, and will sometimes sleep in it although not as much now as she did a couple months ago. It rocks easily enough that you can sit and rock it with your foot if you're trying to do two things at once (aren't we all), or it rocks on the baby's own kick power if it's on a smooth surface. We have this chair downstairs and a regular bouncer upstairs, but quite often I find myself taking this one upstairs too because it seems to be easier to get her in and out of it versus the bouncer.

The only problem I've noticed with this, is that the detachable toy bar seems to put the toys at a dangerous level...if it's on the rocker and the baby rocks the seat by kicking, the toys swing wildly and can hit the baby in the face. I didn't like any of the toys it came with anyway, so on the rare occasion I use the toy bar, I put on the soft toys that my daughter likes better.

jbrandy
08-23-2003, 08:27 PM
We have this rocker and LOVE IT. My daycare provider also has one. My son is nearly 5 months old and now perfers it over his swing (which he doesn't want to sit in anymore at all). I like that it is light weight, it reclines, you can detatch or attach the toy bar, and that it vibrates. We can even attach his favorite toys from our Tiny Love Gymbi. We have just started giving him cereal and we feed him in this seat. I highly recommend it! You can't beat it for the price!

Beth B
Mom to Evan 4-4-03

egoldber
08-23-2003, 09:06 PM
I have an older version and really like it. My DD loves to climb into her "big girl" chair now.

HTH,

luvbeinmama
08-23-2003, 11:48 PM
I have an older one (no toy bar) because I couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on a bouncy seat DS would only use for a few months. I used it A LOT, and really like it. At first that was where I would put DS while I showered and sang to him. DS still uses it as a rocking chair and likes to sit it in. I have never had a problem with it tipping over.

hellokitty1
08-24-2003, 01:03 PM
hi all-

we bought it this weekend and dd seems to love to play with the toys on the toy bar. my only comment, which i didn't see mentioned here is that the "seat belt" is way to big. i've pulled the straps as tight as it will go but it is not snug at all. dh put it together and maybe i need to ask him about it but there seems to be a good couple of inches of space. any thoughts?

KimberleyDawn
08-29-2003, 10:30 PM
William used his bouncy until only a few weeks ago because I found the rocker too big also. Now at 6 months I still think he seems a little lost in it (18lbs & 29.5inches) but all in all I'm very pleased with it and would recommend it for a baby over 4-5 months.
Kim