PDA

View Full Version : Gymini question

deborah_r
08-22-2003, 09:24 PM
There seems to be several different "themes" of Gymini. Can some of you share which one you have and why you like it?

And does anyone know where to get a good deal on one?

Thanks,

Momof3Labs
08-22-2003, 09:56 PM
I think that your money would be better spent on an exersaucer or doorway jumper at this point - Gyminis are from birth until 4 or 5 months, maybe. It seems like a lot of money to spend at this time for a month, maybe two, of use. JMHO!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-22-2003, 10:12 PM
I agree. Gyminis are great from birth when they are looking in a mirror as their only form of entertainment, and when they are just starting to kick and swing their arms around.

My baby is almost 5 months and still enjoys the Gymini, but I can see we are getting towards the end of the prime time for it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lisams
08-22-2003, 11:19 PM
I also agree that you may want to look at an exercauser or jumper. My DD got the most out of her Gymini from 2-5 months. If you are interested in getting one you may want to check resale stores. We have the sounds and light one, and I especially like the mirror and the crinkly flaps you can lift up. I must say that the sounds and light part didn't seem to be all that worth it for us.

HTH!
Lisa

deborah_r
08-23-2003, 06:42 PM
I got one on ebay for $17. Hopefully it will be in good shape.

jd11365
08-23-2003, 11:19 PM
DD is 3 weeks older than your baby and just now started enjoying her Gymni and batting at the toys...she loves it! It is rather expensive though, so I would definitely check out ebay or see if a friend is done with theirs unless $ isn't a problem. We have Noah's Ark...bright, fun, musical...

peanut4us
08-24-2003, 09:52 AM
We love our Gymini. We have the Noah's ark one and she really likes the bright colors. It also has some lights and plays some music that isn't excessively annoying. Even though she's alot older now, she still loves her mirror. She likes to roll to the side and then play peekaboo with her self in the mirror. Too cute. She likes the crunchy ears and tries to stuff as much of them into her mouth as possible.

Mostly these days, we use it as a soft place for her to practice rolling, sticking her rear up in the air, etc. It's much softer on her than our regular carpet and if she spits up on it, i can wash it.

We also have a saucer. Both expensive pieces of equipment, but I think they are worth it. Oh, and we take the Gymini to other people's houses if they have pets or something where I don't want her directly on the floor.

As far as the good deal thing goes. We bought ours as BRU for full price (we had credit so it wasn't that painful).

alkagift
08-25-2003, 03:26 PM
We have the jungle one and Matt loves the soft animals, particularly the giraffe's legs. I thought it was pricy too, but it's been a reliably clean, bright place to play. I don't think it would be much fun after the rolling begins!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

erzzie
08-26-2003, 07:06 PM
We have the jungle one too. Definitely not necessary, but really nice to have. I picked this one because of the mirror, but at 4 months, I really haven't seen her pay any special attention to it. I hope when she gets a little more mobile she'll like it though.

Melinda

August Mom
08-26-2003, 08:51 PM
That's a good price and, FWIW, I don't think that your babe is past the prime of the Gymini. My DS could care less about the Gymini until about 3 months. Then he was into it when he could grab and kick toys on it. He really liked to kick the Tiny Love wind chimes. We have the red, white and black one and it was fine. I don't think we really missed out on anything by not having the extra bells and whistles.

stillplayswithbarbies
08-26-2003, 09:08 PM
Logan, 5 months old, just spent a half hour rolling all around on her Gymini, playing with the toys and talking to herself in the mirror. The giraffe's feet are a favorite with her too. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03