PDA

View Full Version : Stokke Kinderzeat on sale at babycenter.com

zoethebeagle
08-27-2003, 09:45 AM
The stokke kinderzeat is on sale at babycenter.com for their labor day sale. They also have free shipping on items over $99 so it is about $179 with a $5 oversize charge (the $10.55 chipping charge was waived). My total came to just about $185 which is hard to find on this great item

BTW-it appears that only the colored chairs- not wood tones- are on sale. I'm so excited to get mine in lilac!

Erika
Caleigh 9/11/01
edd boy 1/1/04

August Mom
08-27-2003, 09:59 AM
BTW, you can get 7% back from Ebates when you shop at Babycenter too. Just access Babycenter through ebates.com (and register at ebates if you haven't already).

bjiang
08-27-2003, 02:57 PM
Babycenter.com also carries the Svan chair too for $169. I was debating which one to get. The Svan chair is so new there aren't many reviews on them. I finally went with the Svan. I like the look more and it is a few lbs lighter and a little cheaper. We'll see how it goes once we receive it.

--Bo

Debtex
08-29-2003, 03:18 AM
That Svan chair looks great!! I looked up their site (www.svan.se) and it looks like it's gotten some safety awards in Sweden, which would mean it beat out the Stokke for them. Interesting...

Especially the infant restraint & tray attachment. The Stokke here in Europe has a restraint to be used from 6 months on, but the Consumer Product Safety Commission wouldn't sign off on it for the US, so they've released the chair in the US without it. But that means you can only use it from 18 months, rather than 6 months. That's a lot of moola for a chair that you can't use as a high chair. We're moving back to the States in December, and I've been working on convincing my husband that we need to buy a Stokke here to ship back. Now I wonder if I've wasted my breath. Maybe the Svan chair makes more sense.

BTW, www.ababy.com has the Svan more options on colors for the wood and the seat...same price, though, and you have to pay for shipping.

Deb