PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your Prima Pappa?

chizzy
09-01-2003, 01:57 PM
I'd always thought I would get the Prima Pappa (white leatherette), but lately I've been hearing alot of negatives (hard to clean, hard to fold-up, etc). I'd love to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Chizzy

egoldber
09-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I have an older Peg chair (prior to the Papa) and it is white leatherette. It has been through many children and the seat pad is in still in very good condition. I like the white leatherette personally.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
09-01-2003, 02:39 PM
I don't think that this high chair is worth the money. I like the removable tray top (we use this ALL the time) and the wheels, but the seat is kinda big, even for my tall baby, and there are an awful lot of crevices to catch crumbs and Cheerios. As a plus, it will probably fit Colin for a long, long time, but I expect that he'll want to sit at the table in a booster seat by then.

You can spend $100 less and get the exact same pros and cons - or perhaps an even better chair!

AndrewsMommy
09-01-2003, 04:12 PM
I have the martinelli chair and so far I really like it. I am feeding my son now, so we haven't had any issues with crumbs, but so far it's been easy to clean up. I do think there are other chairs out there that are just as good for less $. I really like the leatherette! I'd never go with a cloth seat!

Tina
Proud Mom to Andrew 3/03

chizzy
09-02-2003, 06:24 AM
Thanks so much for your replies everyone. I appreciate it. BTW Tina, I too am a proud Mom to Andrew. He was born March 19,03. When was your Andrew born?

Anyone else have any feedback on the Prima Pappa?

Thanks,
Chizzy

smomom
09-02-2003, 07:59 AM
I absolutely adore my Prima Pappa. I don't think I have used it without thinking, "gee, I love this high chair." I guess I am a little strange. I have the Chesapeake (blue checked vinyl) and have no problems keeping it clean. I also have not had a problem with the tray being too tall.

Here are a couple of links containing my thoughts on the PP....

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=7817&mesg_id=7817&listing_type=search#7822

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=6818&mesg_id=6818&listing_type=search#6820

AdoptChina
09-02-2003, 08:20 AM
I have a 9 yr old white leatherette Prima Pappa & a 2 yr old navy blue leatherette Martinelli. They are both in great condition and have been through 3 kids (and getting ready for the 4th one to go in there soon). The only thing wrong is the straps on the white chair are dirty, but thats not a big deal. My 3 yr old sits in the one chair as a booster seat. I obviously LOVE these high chairs !
Susan

AndrewsMommy
09-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Chizzy, my Andrew was born on March 31, 2003.

Tina
Proud Mom to Andrew 3/03

chizzy
09-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone for all your feedback. I think I'm sold!