PDA

View Full Version : Do you need wheels on your high chair?

puglucy
09-02-2003, 01:23 PM
I keep seeing raves for the FP Healthy Care High chair, but just noticed it doesn't have wheels, which i would think would be really useful.

Does it matter to you?

many thanks!

Lucy
mama to Alex 3/18/03

Momof3Labs
09-02-2003, 02:15 PM
It depends! We use them occasionally, to wheel Colin closer to the sink to wash him (and the high chair) up. But if I didn't have them, I'd probably be just fine.

Karenn
09-02-2003, 02:33 PM
My high chair does not have wheels. It doesn't have a lot of things and I'm constantly wishing I had this feature or that one, but I've never wished for wheels, so I suspect you can do without them. I do slide my highchair across the floor when I need to move it, and that works OK.

cdlamis
09-02-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm in the minority since I couldn't do without wheels. We have a fairly large kitchen and I store it in one corner, wheel it to where I feed her, then sometimes wheel it to the sink so I can wash dishes.

I didn't think I would need wheels before I used it but now its a must for us.

It also makes it much easier to move with only one hand free.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

malie
09-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Actually I think most of the times you are seeing raves on this board it's for the FP DELUXE Healthy Care High chair which does in fact have wheels not the Healthy Care. The difference between the Deluxe and the "regular" is the fact that the deluxe has wheels and 3 tray inserts (that and the smiley bear pattern which is a target exclusive does not have a ruffle)

At least on-line BabiesRUs sells the healthy care for the same price that target sells the deluxe which is why sometimes people get them mixed up I think

JElaineB
09-02-2003, 04:45 PM
I have the FP Healthy Care and do not miss the wheels. I used to drag it around a lot, no problem. Now I just leave it in one place. The Deluxe wasn't readily available when I bought it, though, and if I had the option for the same price (as someone else mentioned, check out Target or Target.com), I would go ahead and get the Deluxe with wheels.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

puglucy
09-02-2003, 05:20 PM
>Actually I think most of the times you are seeing raves on
>this board it's for the FP DELUXE Healthy Care High chair
>which does in fact have wheels>>

Aha! thank you!

Lucy

hellokitty1
09-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Even if you're iffy on the wheels, I'd get the FP Deluxe Healthy High Chair anyway from Target or Target.com. Target sells the deluxe for the same prices as non-deluxe version. After posting for some advice on the board, we just got our Deluxe and really like it. Wheels are nice to roll DD around and not scrath the floor (we have hardwood).

Be sure to get the 10% off coupon to use at Target.com if you get it online.

Marisa6826
09-02-2003, 10:14 PM
We have hardwood floors and an open floor plan, so I wheel Sophie EVERYWHERE - even to the bathroom doorway so she can sit there while I get ready in the morning.

I say DEFINITELY go for the wheels!

-m

raynjen
09-05-2003, 03:46 AM
We have the old version of the FP too. No wheels, still love it after over a year of use. We have the hardwood floors, but it is so light that pushing it around never scratches (of course I don't move it with DD in the chair). One disadvantage to wheel - when your child gets old enough THEY will wheel it all around the house, just a thought.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

cinrein
09-05-2003, 07:40 AM
I guess the wheels are useful to you if you think you'll be moving the high chair around. I have the Deluxe version from Target and use the wheels daily on my hardwood floors. My kitchen is large, so I wheel Anna over to the table to feed her. I also put her in the chair and wheel her over to the island to watch me cook, to the sink to watch me wash dishes, to the dishwasher...you get the idea.

All four wheels do lock, so you can prevent your toddler from pushing the chair around. Although I think if your toddler is so inclined, he/she is going to push that chair around wheels or not!

vikivoly
09-21-2003, 09:54 AM
Have the wheels and love them. I wouldn't buy a high chair without them.

kransden
09-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Ditto
Karin and Katie 10/24/02

zen_bliss
09-22-2003, 02:53 PM
i am also grateful for the wheels on her prima pappa -- it's her activity center to free my arms up for a few minutes to cook or go to the bathroom (sorry, TMI) and i wheel her all over in it. i have one of the tiny love activity arches snapped on it and some toys on the tray to keep her occupied.

Jen841
09-23-2003, 08:34 AM
We received an Evenflow one with wheels as a gift. It is wonderful. Today while I was getting ready for work I just wheels Jude from room to room and he just smiled and coo'd. I also used it last night while I emptied the dishwasher. He likes being high.