PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a crib tent?

nigele
09-02-2003, 02:20 PM
My DH is afraid that our DS will climb out of the crib and hurt himself. Since he's not yet walking, I've told him to stop worrying so soon but he insists that we should go ahead and buy a crib tent to be safe. Has anyone used one or have any words of wisdom?

TIA!

bluej
09-02-2003, 03:10 PM
I haven't used a crib tent so I have no advice on that. However, Caden started climbing out of his crib at 11 months (a good six weeks before he started walking). I just wanted you to be aware that some kids do climb out before they can walk. There are also other kids that never climb out (I pray that you are that lucky).

JElaineB
09-02-2003, 04:42 PM
We have used a crib tent since DS was born. Mostly to keep out the cats, though. However, it should keep him in if he tries to climb out! I don't see how, he seems too short to climb out still, but who knows. The only possible problems with it are that it makes it a little harder to change the sheets (I make DH do it, and it helps that we have a foam matress which is not heavy). Very occassionally DS will wake up when I zip up the tent, but not too often. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

sugarsnappea
09-03-2003, 06:58 AM
My nephew learned to fling himself out of the crib before walking. Yikes! I have a climber and have used a crib tent since DD was 18 months. I am happy with it- DD thinks it is her tent and loves it. I put it on the PNP when we are on vacation to keep her in. I don't have a problem with changing the sheets. BUT- I have a kick-style side rail lowerer and it won't work with the tent. This is starting to become a problem as my waistline expands! Also, it is quite a pain to put on/take off. Other than that, I can't think of any other problems I have encountered. I hope this helps with your decision! :)