PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Exergen TemporalScanner Temporal Artery Thermometer?

Lenox12
09-02-2003, 08:43 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has used the Exergen TemporalScanner Temporal Artery Thermometer? Does it work? And is it worth the cost? If not his thermometer can someone recommend a good one, please. TIA.
Ann
first baby
Due 10-01-03

JP4
09-03-2003, 07:34 AM
I have this thermometer and I love it. It is quick and very easy to use. I also seems to be pretty accurate. I was told not to use ear thermometers on infants and this is just as easy to use.

houseof3boys
09-03-2003, 11:11 AM
I wanted this thermometer too but had read mixed reviews on it. My ped is also adamant about a rectal temperature for baby too. I don't know when they change that "rule" but until then, I am holding out on a fancy thermometer. I got the Safety First digital thermometer that is rectal and underarm temp for babies at Eckerd's (I think it was $13). I used it 3 days in a row when DS had his round of shots at 2 months and he had a fever for the following 3 days. It was easy to use and it is quicker than most digital thermometers since it is made for babies.....very important when you have never taken a rectal temperature before!

JustMare
09-03-2003, 03:39 PM
My cousin has it and raves about it!! She loves it! I just added it to my registry.

If you do a search, many people have had positive experiences with it.

JElaineB
09-03-2003, 04:35 PM
I have it. I think it is great. It is extremely FAST (takes maybe 5 seconds at the most) and super accurate. You can use it easily anytime of day or night without undressing the baby. From my tests it is just as accurate as rectal (if not more so). I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

dogmom
09-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Yes. The short answer is I use them at work in my ICU and at home. The long answer is you can see my other posts in these threads.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/1029.html#8

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=5670&mesg_id=5670&listing_type=search

They also include my rectal temp rants if you want.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03