PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a monitor they would recomend???

momathome
09-03-2003, 08:31 PM
I need a new monitor to replace our Fisher Price Sounds and Lights - it was a decent monitor but it is now 5.5 years old and crackiling away like it is about to bite the dust. I would like to have a monitor with 2 receivers. I saw a First Years monitor at Toys R Us that I think was called the Peace of Mind - is anyone familiar with this one? Any other monitors with 2 receivers that you would recomend? Thanks in advance!
-Lauren

Jen841
09-04-2003, 08:25 AM
We like our Sony 21 channel one. We needed one with a lot of channels b/c we live in a condo building in Chicago. It works great!

amp
09-04-2003, 08:46 AM
We have the Fisher Price 900 mhz vibrating monitor that was recommended in the previous issue of Baby Bargains (don't know if it was this time) and we are pleased with it.

Wafflerunoff
09-04-2003, 06:04 PM
I also have the Sony BabyCall, the rechargeable model (I believe it's the same one). Have used it for about 3 months so far and love it. Only one receiver though. Originally I was also looking for multiple receivers for our 2-story home, but one has actually worked out just fine.

junior503
09-05-2003, 10:09 AM
I would recommend getting a new sounds and lights. I love mine because sometimes I imagine DS crying when he really isn't. So, when I look at the monitor and see that it hasn't lit up, I feel okay!

Lisa

houseof3boys
09-05-2003, 10:24 AM
We have had our Sony Baby call monitor for a week now and I love it! I have it set on the noise activated setting so I don't hear every little staticky noise. Although it doesn't have two receivers you may not need it since most are portable and you can just carry it with you in the house or the yard. Make sure that whatever you get is from a store with a great return policy since you never know what will work for you in your house and the neighbors around you. :)