PDA

View Full Version : Favorite doll?

sbirmantaz
09-04-2003, 05:20 PM
I am looking for a good doll to give my dd who will be 13 months when the new baby arrives. Just wondering if there is any out there that are better than others. I want her to have her baby to hold when I am taking care of the newborn. Any ideas? THanks!

khakismom
09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Kathleen received a Corolle baby doll (from the Calin line) from her Nana for her first birthday--her name is "Baby". She loves this doll; it has been everywhere and never leaves her sight. It has a bean bag body but typical baby doll head, arms and legs. It smells so sweet (kind of like vanilla) and is machine-washable. DD even has the Corolle diaper bag that has an attached changing pad and inside a bib, velcro diaper, shirt, and bottle. Corolle offers other accessories too.

She even got the the mini Calin doll from Ellen (OK, *we* gave it to her) when Ellen was born. This little doll she calls "Baby-Baby".

Check out this Web site for more info:

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/index.html

We love the Corolle dolls. Have fun--there are so many neat baby dolls out there! :)

sbirmantaz
09-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the great site! I really like those dolls. Is it the Bebe Do doll that you dd has? I really love the face on that one.

Roleysmom
09-04-2003, 08:14 PM
We just got Roley her first doll last week. My DH, DD and I went together to a store with an extensive selection. I had done some research beforehand and really liked the Corolle dolls. My favorite was Poupette (I think that was her name.) She also had a plastic head with painted features, plastic legs and arms but beanbag body. I liked that she was smaller and cuddly. I was sure that Roley would love her. My DD, however, had other ideas. My DH put a couple of dolls, including Poupette, on the floor of the store (they had display models that you could play with) and she went for a big, nearly naked newborn! She picked a doll made by Diana. It's a big (17 inches) plastic newborn with no hair, a cloth diaper and a hospital id tag on her wrist. I never would have picked out this doll, but Roley grabbed her, put her in a doll stroller and pushed her around. Based on this experience, I would suggest taking your DD with you to pick out a doll. I know that it won't seem like a present from the new baby if she goes with you to pick it out, but maybe the new baby can get her a feeding kit, stroller or sling for the doll?

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time with your research!

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

egoldber
09-04-2003, 08:42 PM
For 13 months, I would get a soft baby doll, like the ones made by Eden. I plan to get DD a Bitty Baby from American Girl, MAYBE for Hanukkah but more likely for her 3rd birthday. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a nice baby doll at this age, because in my experience thay are too hard on them. My DD DOES love the doll accessories (high chair, stroller, etc.) but wouldn't have a year ago.

But FYI, there is a Corelle doll available at Costco right now that is very cute! I think it is $20.

HTH,

kristie
09-05-2003, 02:30 AM
Wow, it is so funny that someone else is looking for a doll too!
I have been doing alot of research on dolls for sometime, I have been looking for a doll for my DD's 4th b-day.

Well, I will say that after all my searching I love the Corolle dolls! I am getting her a BeBe Do, as I love her face and clothes. They even make a very cute "Sunday Dress" for her as well as other cute clothes. I do know that she is 14" tall and I have read many reviews on her. I have only read great things! I love the vanilla scent that some of the Corolle dolls have, although make sure yours is made from france, the ones made in china I have heard don't have the scent. Also, the scent is so great, not overpowering at all!

here is a direct link to the Corolle website for BeBe Do:
http://www.corolledolls.com/online_catalog/product_cat.php/subid=57/index.html

And one more thing I wanted to add, was that my husband told me to get a doll for our 15th month old DD too. So I saw in person the Babipouche Strawberry and loved it for our 15th month old. It is so sweet and has that great scent. I know it is also machine washable! Here is a link to all the Babipouche dolls they have:
http://www.corolledolls.com/online_catalog/product_cat.php/subid=88/index.html

I hope that helps you!

khakismom
09-05-2003, 09:39 AM
The BeBe Do doll is gorgeous! But that's not the one we have :). Kathleen has the Calin 12" doll--the one on the website that is shown in the Calin/Mini calin set:

http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/calinandminiset.html

It's so much fun picking out baby dolls--or, in Roley's case, letting DD pick it out! :)