PDA

View Full Version : Recommed a baby tub?

kjfdolphin
09-05-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm looking fro advise on a baby bath tub. I originally decided on the Saftey 1st Fold-up Tub, but after reading several reviews indicating it leaks, I have reconsidered. What I liked most about it was that it folds up, so I am looking for someting small. Has anyone tried the Temperature Sensitive Baby Bath by BRU?

Do you really need a baby tub once the baby can sit up on his own?

Thanks!
Kristin

chrissyhowie
09-05-2003, 11:09 AM
I have the Safety 1st Fold Up Tub. I didn't have any leaking issues with it. Space is a major issue in our home so I can't imagine having anything larger. When I saw the size of all the other tubs available, it became the Fold Up or nothing! I actually really like it.

Even though Chloe sits up very steadily on her own, I still use the tub. It keeps her "contained" and from squirming around or flipping over. She's not going to fit in it for too much longer though, so we'll probably go with a bath seat or ring at that point.

HTH,

C99
09-05-2003, 07:17 PM
I found that it was just easier to get in the bath with Nathaniel rather than trying to bathe him in his own tub.

AngelaS
09-06-2003, 03:47 PM
I've never owned a baby bath tub for my two girls. When they were really little I submerged a foam cushion in the bathroom sink and bathed them that way. When the first one could sit, I had a snug tub that fit in the big bathtub. When the second one outgrew the sink, she wound up in the big tub with her big sis. :D

JElaineB
09-06-2003, 04:59 PM
I also own a Saftey 1st fold-up tub. I never had any leaking issues with it either. I liked using it, though DS has outgrown it now. It is definitely a space saver compared to other baby tubs.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

shevam
09-07-2003, 08:10 AM
Love my Eurobath! Doesn't fit great in the tub, but it is awesome! Has largest water capacity and baby doesn't slide down. Also, can use it for a bigger baby before you are ready to use the regular bath tub.

cdlamis
09-07-2003, 08:43 AM
We also used the foam insert in the sink when she was really young and since then I have been in the tub with her. Its easier and more fun for us to do it this way.

We bought a baby tub but never used it!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

TraciG
09-09-2003, 12:37 PM
with the Euro tub, can u use it right away, when baby is an infant & where do u put the tub, on the counter ??

heidi_timms
09-10-2003, 12:33 AM
I love my Eurotub. It fits right in our bathtub and it has a nice holder that holds up the baby so you can be hands-free!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

momma_boo
09-10-2003, 08:59 AM
We started using our Euro tub as soon as her stump fell off (which took almost 3 weeks!). The shaping of the tub allows her to be in a lounging position, so that I don't have to hold her, making it so easy to bathe her. Plus, now she has a blast laying in the tub and kicking her legs like crazy!

hellokitty1
09-10-2003, 09:51 AM
I second (or third) the Eurotub. We tried 2 other tubs before it and the Eurotub was the best. Despite how big it seems, DD fit in it very well as soon as her cord fell off. Other tubs may work, but then you have to put a towel here, and a towel there, etc and who has time for that. We had the covertible tub first but it got way to small b4 dd could sit up and you can't put much water in it or else it'll go in the baby's ears and her feet would get stuck in the bar, etc. And then the convertible part requires you to use it in a tub which I wasn't ready for. We also got the folding tub, where yuu put the two halves together for storage. I know it was user error but it can leak and who wants to deal with a leaking tub on the sink?

Eurotub was the best decision and it really does last the two years it says!

August Mom
09-10-2003, 09:54 AM
I love my EuroBath too. But, I would not recommend it if space is a big issue. It does not fold and it takes up a lot of space. You can hang it on the wall of the shower or somewhere else. We leave ours on the floor of the formal dining room. LOL As far as use, though, it's great! It allows you to use it for the very young and for toddlers as well. We gave DS his first non-sponge bath in it and it was great. It really provides support for the baby. We use ours on the kitchen island and it works great. DH and I can stand on either side of the tub and DS can splash us both. :) We have no plans to transition to the big tub until DS no longer fits in the EuroBath.

McQ
09-10-2003, 06:54 PM
We have the Sassy tub and it's great. My son fits well it in. It's a perfect fit for our sink. We have a retractable spray nozzle so it's great. And we store it in our dining room under his swing. Which we can see form the kitchen and living room. I totally reccommend this.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-1/qid=1063237734/ref=sr_2_1/601-5112930-2504932?asin=B00007C65T

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

sunny2003
09-10-2003, 07:59 PM
DD is not sitting up yet but we actually use a rubbermaid storage container (14 gallons) plus the foam insert - dh holds her while I bathe her - so far it has worked well!

HTH!

Viv

redhookmom
09-11-2003, 08:45 AM
I would also recommend the Eurobath. It is the one piece of "equipment" that I have used almost everyday since my now 13 month old was 3 weeks old. It is big! I have actually bathed both my children in it at the same time. We hang ours on the wall inside our basement door, and it is worth every square inch it takes up. I think Primo makes a similiar infant only tub that you put in the sink. That might be worth looking into.

HTH
Jessica

peanut4us
09-12-2003, 01:59 PM
A different perspective. We had a handmedown tub (no earhtly idea at the moment who makes it, and DD HATED IT! So until she was 5 months, she showered with mommy or daddy... and she really loved that. I think mostly she liked the echo her squeaks made in the shower. Then we bought her a bath "seat" from Target. It's great. It has suction cups so it won't float around and it can swivel or not. And she loves being in the bath like a big girl. Just a thought. (THe seat was only $12)

vikivoly
09-21-2003, 09:42 AM
I like the inflatable ones that fit inside the tub for infants who can sit up.

I like it better than a regular tub because it has soft sides, so if baby does fall back, she doesn't bump her head. It also uses less water than a regular tub.