PDA

View Full Version : Is the more expensive Exersaucer worth the extra $$?

dueinmay
09-07-2003, 09:30 AM
I think it's time for an exersaucer, but which one? Seems there are simple models for around $40 up to 'deluxe' versions at about $80. What is the difference - more toys? And is this one of those times it's worth it to pay more, or should I put the extra funds toward some other toy purchase?

Thanks for your advice!! :)

Rebecca
It's a girl! 5.14.03

Momof3Labs
09-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Engaging toys on a saucer are worthwhile, but baby won't know if you got the cheap or expensive toys. I'm not sure which models you are looking at, so can't comment on them, but we got the Megasaucer (not the most expensive one) and it went over just fine with Colin!

stillplayswithbarbies
09-07-2003, 10:26 AM
We have the one that folds up so we can take it with us to grandma's house. That feature was worth paying extra.

Not only will it be something familiar to her in an unfamiliar place, I know it is a safe place to put her down in an unchildproofed house. (not unsupervised of course but at least I know she won't be crawling into something dangerous)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Rachels
09-07-2003, 12:26 PM
I had the Ultrasaucer here and my mom had a more bare-bones one, and the Ultrasaucer definitely was that much better. There were more toys of more interest, and she definitely enjoyed ours the most. I didn't leave her in it for long stretches regardless, but it was worth it to me to have something that entertained her for those times when I really needed her to be entertained.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Jenmv
09-07-2003, 02:25 PM
I agree that sometimes the cheaper toys are just as entertaining for little ones, however we splurged for the $80 fold up model because we travel to grandma's a lot and our vehicle is always overflowing with baby stuff on these trips as it is. Every bit of saved space is important. I also like that it will fold up better for storage for future children if you are planning on having more. I wouldn't want to have to take that thing apart and than have to re-assemble it. It took us over an hour to put it together the first time!

AdoptChina
09-08-2003, 07:20 AM
We have the megasaucer (around $60 I think)
Connor really likes it :) I also have a 9 yr old exersaucer where the toys clipped on.....the kis quickly figured out if they pushed, the toys popped off.... I hated that lol.