PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a travel swing?? Graco or FP

Tami
09-09-2003, 09:50 AM
I have been looking at getting the Fisher Price deluxe travel swing but just found out about the 17lb weight limit. I found Graco has one with a 22lb limit but found some bad reviews on it at BRU. Anyone here have any thoughts on them???

Thanks!
Tami

dogmom
09-12-2003, 08:27 AM
I have the FP swing. I think the 17 lb limit is a bit conservative. Graco just came out with theirs, so I don't know if they have kinks to work out. I was not as impressed with the quality of the Graco one I saw at Target. I think the FP one is bullet proof.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

AndrewsMommy
09-12-2003, 08:30 AM
We took it with us on vacation when ds was 3 months old. It was wonderful! He doesn't use it much at home since we have a regular swing. I think it's great. He loved it. Oh, we have the Fisher Price swing. He loves the lights.

Tina
Proud Mom to Andrew 3/03

zuzu
09-12-2003, 08:36 AM
I think what we have is called the FP deluxe take-along swing and its weight limit is 25 pounds, at least according to the maunal. It's not the prettiest thing, but we've been pleased with it so far and most importantly, our daughter loves it.

amp
09-12-2003, 01:27 PM
We have to Graco travel swing, and we are fine with the look and quality of it, but unfortunately DS doesn't care for it very much. I have heard that some babies just don't like swings, so I would venture to guess that he wouldn't like any swing we had. I don't think his opinion speaks to it's usefulness or quality for someone else!

heidi_timms
09-12-2003, 02:39 PM
We have the Graco and DD likes it. She just started noticing the lights on it at 4 1/2 months. I haven't tried to take it anywhere, but it works out great that it's small. We live in a tiny house and the baby gear is taking over!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

jd11365
09-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I've had both in my quest to find a swing my DD likes...still to no avail. I will tell you the FP is much nicer and I think of better quality. I wouldn't be too worried about the weight limit. DD is pushing 16 pounds and rides just fine...just doesn' t like it.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

jbrandy
09-13-2003, 10:44 AM
We have a FP swing and love it!!! We took it with us to Grandma's every week. I could not have survived without it. It was very durable. I agree the 17lb weight limit is conservative. My cousin's son is still using theirs at 22 lbs. My son is no longer using his because he is very mobile right now and doesn't like to be confined. But, I'm holding on to it for baby #2 someday in the future!

Hope this helps.

Beth B
Mom to Evan 4-4-03

slecompte
09-25-2003, 11:28 AM
I called FP, they have changed the limit on the travel swing to 25 lbs. I was going to return mine and get the Graco, but it has BAD reviews. So then I noticed one person mentioned the 25lbs. If you download the new manual on FP website it says 25 lbs. I called to confirm this. Nothing has structurally changed on the swing!

Hope that helps!

Sheila