PDA

View Full Version : Car Toys for 8 month old

nitaghei
09-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Could someone please help me? I'd read a post about a car activity toy that had a remote for the parent to use to start music. And now I can't find the post. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I would appreciate the help. DS is very awake in the car now, and I'm desperate for some new way to entertain him. He's in a RA (rear-facing) in the center.

TIA

Nita

August Mom
09-09-2003, 10:53 AM
There's one made by FP that I think used to be called the Car Seat Dashboard but apparently is now called the Learning Patterns Car Seat Safari. Here's a link: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babyu/product.asp?s=bulearning&id=17697 I recall reading some posts saying that it doesn't fit on all carseats, but I'm not sure how it fits on the RA. HTH

nitaghei
09-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Thank you!! This was it, I think.

But if it's F-P, I may have to keep looking. The music on their toys is SO obnoxious!! :)

Nita

Momof3Labs
09-09-2003, 04:39 PM
We just use links and change the toys we give Colin every few rides. He tends to get bored with the same toy over and over again. For that reason, I suspect that Neel might be a little too old to be captivated by this FP toy over and over again.

mama2be
09-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Nita, someone sent us that FP one and I'd gladly pack it up and send it to you, but it probably cost more to send then to buy and I hate mailing packages...

But I can't stand the thing...the music plays out of now where on ours, I can't get it to shut off when I want it off...and my froends kids say "press the button press the button" and I can't get it to turn on on demand...

I pulled it...:) until the fiend who gave it to us comes over and I will smile and have it there in the seat :)...

nitaghei
09-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the review, and offer - Neve!! You just made the decision for me - I have to keep looking for something else for DS! :)

Nita

nitaghei
09-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks, Lori! I have been doing the links, and rotating toys. The remote controlled toy just sounded so cool, - well, in theory, anyway!

DS comes with me to day care, so he's in the car for about an hour every day - which is why I'm always on the lookout for more stuff to entertain him in the car.

Nita