PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Toys

blnony
09-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Well, my monkey child needs a climbing toy.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'd like something that could be indoor/outdoor. I've seen a couple on websites but not in person. I'd really appreciate some recomendations or reviews!!
TIA-

redhookmom
09-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Us too!! Grace can actually make it onto the coffee table in less then 5 seconds. Much like a scratching post for a cat I am hoping to distract her with something... I have some plastic slides and such from my DS but she still needs total supervision with them. Looking for something softer...

Jessica

mom to
Adam (5/25/99)
Grace (8/19/02)

Momof3Labs
09-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh, man, this is what I have to look forward to in another month or so, huh?

blnony
09-10-2003, 09:21 PM
I know!! A. gets onto to the couch, coffee table, dining room chairs, then onto the table!! She is crazy. I really want to find something that she can climb on without it being furniture!! :)

August Mom
09-11-2003, 08:40 PM
We got the Little Tikes 8-in-1 Adjustable Playground on clearance at Meijer and I really like it. DS likes it too. One side is a playhouse sort of thing with a door, window, etc. It is connected by a tunnel to the other side which has a platform and slides. There are 2 different sized slides. You can move the smaller slide to different positions. You also can move the tunnel. It can be low to the ground or start about 1 foot off the ground. You could take the whole thing inside, but more likely than not, you would just want to take half of it inside. Here's a picture: http://store.yahoo.com/familyfirstdirectstore/4331.html

As for something soft, DS's favorite indoor climber is his PBK Everywhere Chair. That won't help with not climbing on furniture, though.

alleyoop
09-15-2003, 09:59 AM
We just bought the Little Tykes 'Wave Climber' from TRU this weekend and it is already a big hit. It is bigger than the Kangaroo Climber but not as big as the '8 in 1'. We thought that helping him use it now was a good exchange for the longer use time. We set it up inside and plan to move it outside when the weather cools off more. The assembly wasn't hard, but did take some brute force.

Within an hour he playing underneath and climbing up the slide to get to the second story with a truck in his hand! So much for it being to big for him!

Good Luck!

deborah_r
09-15-2003, 10:05 PM
I gather from this thread that I've got a maximum of 5-6 months before we have to get a larger place! I don't see any space in my apartment for this type of equipment!!