PDA

View Full Version : FP Play dome

s_gosney
09-14-2003, 06:22 PM
Does anyone have this? We received it as a shower gift, and I was just looking for opinions on how useful it is. We'll be having an October baby, so we won't be attending many outdoor things or spending many days outside probably, though there may be some afternoons where it's nice enough to sit outside. (For some reason I always forget what the weather's really like at particular times in the year until it really gets here. We live in OK, if that helps any.) Anyway, I was just wondering what type of things you use this for? I was thinking that it might work well as a travel bassinet type thing to use when we stay with family for the holidays and such. Opinions? TIA!

August Mom
09-14-2003, 07:49 PM
Here's a very short past thread about it: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=582&mesg_id=582&listing_type=search

I thought I remembered a thread with more discussion about it where one person said it was a worthless baby item and then several others chimed in that they loved it. However, I've been unable to find that thread.

HTH

bluej
09-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Yeah, a bunch of us midwesterners thought it was a great product and it was decided that it must be a regional thing! I was one that liked it. It's so much easier to bring along than the PNP for the baby to sleep in. It is limiting in how long you can use it, but if you are going to be traveling a lot for overnighters it is definitely worth it. On a day to day basis we could have lived w/o it, but since we do have it, we use it a lot. Sometimes DS lays in it and looks at the hanging toys, but most of the time I prop him up on the boppy (which fits perfectly in it) so he can actually bat at and grab the toys. He looks as if he's hit the jackpot when he gets the lion and it plays it's music! It's easy to bring along if I'm going to be doing something at the church or the kids' schools for him to hang out in instead of his carseat or stroller. I've found it to be a useful product, HTH!

redhookmom
09-14-2003, 08:25 PM
I received one at my shower for my DS, 4 years ago. I don't remember ever using it with him. But I used it alot for my DD when she was a newborn. It stayed on the landing in my living room and I used it as a bassinet. The Boppy does fit in it perfectly and she seemed cozy and protected in it. I also liked that it could zip closed to protect baby from the cat and dog. I also took it with me if we were going somewhere for more then a few hours so my DD would have a cozy place to nap.

Jessica

mharling
09-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Here is the thread that August Mom mentioned:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=23607&mesg_id=&page=&mode=full

It was quite comical! I was one that said we liked it. It has been great outside. It also fits perfectly in our bathroom for ds to sit in while I shower (without zipping it up, of course!). The bad news is I don't think he'll fit in it much longer.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

s_gosney
09-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the help, everyone. That was another question I had actually was how long it could be used. Looks to be around 6 months?

mharling
09-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Ours is not the FP one. I think it's Safety First and I don't know how they compare in size. Ds is just over 5 months and on the small side.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

deborah_r
09-22-2003, 08:59 PM
I also received the FP Play Dome as a gift. I've used it maybe once. Assembly was a nightmare. I still can't figure out if I did something wrong with it because the little mattress pad-like thing that you place in the bottom folds in the middle and it doesn't lay flat so I don't see how it can be comfortable. When DS lays in it, it is folding like a "v" and he has no support under his back...did I do something wrong in putting it together?

Also, it's a little on the heavy side, but so is a PnP...

sadie427
09-24-2003, 06:39 PM
We got this at the last minute, after we came home from the hospital, and use it a lot. I had put it on the registry but then taken it off in favor of a bouncy seat, but then I decided it would be good to have both. We keep it in the living room and my 6 wk old naps in there. At first he was too small for the bouncy seat, and I didn't want him sleeping in the seat all the time anyway, but I wanted a place for him to hang out in the living room during the day so I could watch him. I've also folded it up and taken it to my neighbors, it's a little heavy but not nearly as heavy as a pack and play, and much much easier to travel with because it doesn't need to be disassembled, it just folds up. I'd recommend it, even though your baby will outgrow it faster than a pack and play, etc.