PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Melissa & Doug wooden puzzle

nigele
09-15-2003, 05:21 PM
I'm so irritated! I bought Tom a three-piece wooden puzzle by Melissa & Doug a couple of weeks ago. He loves it and has played with it every day. He loves to pull out and put the pieces back in the puzzle. Sometimes he can't quite get the pieces in so he slides and bangs them around until they go in. Well the paper "veneer" on the top of the puzzle is peeling up from the inside out. Even though he is a bit rough, the age range on the package says Ages 1 & up so I would have hoped they would have made the puzzle sturdier to accomodate a toddler's rough play style! They do have a phone number on the back of the puzzle and claim they care about customer's comments so I'm planning to call them this week.

Has this happened to anyone else?

lukkykatt
09-15-2003, 07:25 PM
This hasn't happened to me, BUT I did have a different problem with another one of their puzzles. I called them up and they were very nice and helpful on the phone.

I am hoping that maybe if you call them they will send you new pieces or something.

Momof3Labs
09-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Hmmm... We have one, too, and Colin chews on the puzzle pieces and the paper is coming off. Let me know how it goes and maybe I'll call, too. We have another puzzle from them with a painted design, and that is holding up much better to "Jaws."

nigele
09-16-2003, 12:54 PM
I did call Melissa & Doug today and they were extremely nice. They apoligized and told me it should not have happened and they are sending me a whole new puzzle. I'm so glad I got great service because I wanted to buy a few more things from them but was not so sure after this puzzle started peeling!

cmyk
09-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Glad to hear that you got your problem resolved. They do have great customer service. I have the same puzzle as you, but the wood around the screws was all chewed up from their saws. It was a pain, but I filed all the pieces smooth. I called them anyway, and they're sending me a different puzzle for my trouble! (I asked if they would be willing to do that...hey, I figured that worst they could do is say 'no'!:-) )

--Shelley