PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good toothbrush

cara1
09-17-2003, 07:54 AM
Well, after months of my 19 month old DS refusing to have his teeth brushed, he now enjoys walking (um, sometimes running) around the house with his toothbrush in his mouth. He still won't let me brush them, but I figure the bristles come in contact with his teeth so it must be doing some good, right? Anyway, we had been using the Oral B stage 1 toothbrush, which is nice because it's all rubbery. Problem is because he gnaws on it so much, the rubber starts flaking off. And this after a week or so. I keep replacing them because he could easily swallow these little bits of rubber. So I bought a Crest stage 1 with Elmo on it. It's all hard plastic. But the bristles aren't as good. So all the bristles are splayed and frayed after only a week. We're beyond the washcloth stage here, but anyone have any other favorite brands of toothbrushes for a 19 month old?

Momof3Labs
09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
No suggestions on toothbrushes, but be VERY careful when he is walking/running with a toothbrush in his mouth! He could easily fall and jam the toothbrush into the back of his mouth. It would hurt badly and could do some damage.

cara1
09-17-2003, 12:03 PM
I know that...It is just one of the many things we're working on...