PDA

View Full Version : Best picks for monitors?

Andrea1014
09-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Any suggestion on baby montiors? I was really leaning towards the fisher price soothing dreams monitor but it got pretty bad ratings.

ppshah
09-24-2003, 04:32 PM
It kept making a humming noise- so we returned it. We ended up with the Sony 900mHz. It works great- it's rechargable and water resistent.

amp
09-24-2003, 04:33 PM
We have the Fisher Price 900 mhz monitor and like it just fine. The Fields' recommended it in the BBB (at least in the edition previous to this one they did). It just has one receiver, but it gets great range and it vibrates too, in case you don't want the sound turned up or are out mowing or something. Also, we liked that the antenna didn't stick up a mile long!

www.splendidbrides.com
09-24-2003, 07:47 PM
DH and I just registered for the sony 900 mhz baby monitor. I have read reviews about this monitor and they have all been positive. It's a little pricier (I think $50) than some of the other monitors, but if it works well, then it's worth it. I've read too many reviews about other brands that have static issues, etc. and would rather not have to deal with all of that.

August Mom
09-25-2003, 11:33 AM
I really liked the FP 900 mhz vibrating monitor. Mine was one with a rechargeable battery which I also really liked. It was handy to carry around and we never had static issues. Plus, you can turn the volume down really low, but still hear it and see the lights. But, DS destroyed that one. We wanted a rechargeable battery so we replaced it with the Sony Babycall. I like the Sony Babycall okay. I like the FP one better, but I used it for longer so that may be why. The Sony does have a neat feature that only gives you sound when the baby is making noise. So, you don't hear the background hum/static. I do wish that you could set the volume lower, though, and the lights are not as easy to read. The receiver also is larger. But, overall it seems nice. If you don't care whether the battery is rechargeable or not, you can get the FP vibrating monitor that takes regular batteries. Similarly, there is a Sony Babycall monitor that takes regular batteries as well.

jbrandy
09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
We have the FP Calming Vibrations and I don't know how we'd live without it. We can vibrate his crib with a touch of a button from our bedroom! This feature has sometimes given us an extra hour of sleep or more! This monitor does make a clicking noise but...it's like white noise--it kind of puts you to sleep. It doesn't bother us--we turn it down fairly low and can still hear our DS. Hope this helps.

Beth
Mom to Evan 4-4-03