PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Love Developlay Activity Center

zuzu
09-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm interested in feedback on the Tiny Love Developlay Activity Center. I like that it can be used to hang over a crib/pack and play or as an activity table. We are planning on getting the Leapstart Learning Table in a couple of months, and I'm not sure whether we'd need both--unless maybe to have one upstairs and keep the other downstairs. Sarah is 4.5 months now, so the Tiny Love one might be good to have until she is old enough for the Leapfrog table. We haven't bought many electronic/activity toys, so I'm not sure which ones are best.

Thanks in advance.
Melissa

amp
09-25-2003, 03:27 PM
We just bought the Tiny Love Activity Center because DS was mesmerized by it in the store! He plays with it some at home, but he is still working on manual dexterity (he's almost 4 mths), so he gets frustrated easily and only plays with it for a short time. I think as he delvelops his ability to manipulate the parts, he will enjoy it even more. Just as an aside, he loves to just look at it even when I play with it and spin the toys. In fact, I find the look of it very appealing. And we liked that the timespan it can be used is large and that there are two sides, so it will *feel* new when he is ready for the other side. That said, I think we would still consider the Leapstart Learning table later on. Maybe someone who has experience with both can give us their take on it.

Mom2Miri
09-26-2003, 11:31 AM
I don't have the Tiny Love although I've thought about purchasing it several times. We bought the Leapstart Learning Table when Mirielle was about 4.5 months. At first she could only whack at it with her arm but it was wonderful to watch her move to the hand, then the fingers, and watch as she became able to play with different toys. We still haven't attached the legs but will do so when she's a bit bigger. We use it during dinner now. We put her in the highchair without tray, pull her up to the table and put the Learning Table on the dining table. She plays throughout dinner.

HTH,
Helen
Mom to Mirielle 2/25/03

zuzu
09-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Thanks so much for your comments Andrea and Helen.

I appreciate the suggestion to use the Leapstart Learning Table during dinner. That would probably work with the Tiny Love too. We're just starting to put Sarah in her highchair and that would be a good way to have her at the table with us (and occupied!) while we eat.

I'm going to order the Developlay today. I really like the way it looks too, and will enjoy showing her how to play with it even if Sarah isn't quite ready to use it herself. And MIL has said she'll get us the Leapstart next time she buys a present, so it looks like we'll be set for a while. (Of course in reality she is more likely to get us something awful she knows we won't use--something we specifically stated we dislike--but I think that gripe belongs on another thread. . .)

Thanks again!

amp
09-26-2003, 01:57 PM
MIL's can be like that! But hopefully your child will get to enjoy both of the toys and many more!

tshuski
09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
My girls are 11 months old and we have both the Leap Frog and the Tiny Love. When they wake up in the morning they will play with the Tiny Love in their crib for 15-20 minutes before they are ready to have breakfast. They love playing with the Leap Frog after breakfast in the living room so I am very happy I have both!!!!
HTHs.
Trish

zuzu
09-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Thanks Trish.
I'm glad to hear your girls enjoy both. The Developlay is on its way, and I'm excited for Sarah to try it!

melissa

stillplayswithbarbies
10-03-2003, 10:47 PM
we use the Tiny Love in the crib and the Leapstart Learning table down in the living room. She loves them both.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03