PDA

View Full Version : toy suggestions for 18 month old?

polkadot14
09-26-2003, 06:34 AM
I know there was a similar recent post, but I wanted to ask for more opinions about toys for an 18 month old. Our DS is fascinated by anything that makes noise, so i've considered:

the LeapStart Learning Table (or something else by LeapFrog)
Jumbo Music Block from Neurosmith
Music Blocks from Neurosmith
wonder wagon from Fisher Price
See 'n Say
Electronic Busy Box by Small World Toys

(or anything else you'd recommend)

I'd also like to get him some non-electronic toys, and I've seen good posts about Megablocks and one about a Chicco activity table. I know some people swear by a toy kitchen/workshop. What are the favorites?

I could also use suggestions for music - both calming/lullabies and more active music.

And any favorite books out there?

We're expecting a new baby right around Christmas, and I'm trying to get shopping done early and provide our DS with some fun diversions!

Thanks for your help!

rclasco
09-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Your son may be too old for the Learning Table. My son is almost 20 months & has one. He hadn't played with it in a couple of months so I packed it away last week. He's now into trucks, cars, & balls. I bought him his first truck at 16 months. It is the Little Tikes Handle Hauler fire truck:

http://www.littletikes.com/toyfinder/default.asp?URL=/toyfinder/products.asp?category=3&C=CAT

He now has the semi as well & he loves them. The handle is perfect because it's easier for them to push. I highly recommend them.

polkadot14
09-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks so much for the advice! I was afraid the Learning Table might not keep his interest, but I wanted to get another mom's opinion.

He has recently fallen in love with trucks, school buses, anything with wheels, so the Little Tikes trucks sound perfect!