PDA

View Full Version : Pack n Play Assembly

Raidra
09-26-2003, 02:32 PM
Just a quick question..

We were trying to assemble the Graco Pack n Play (with the 3/4 bassinet and changing table) last night, and the directions were complete rubbish. We managed to figure it out on our own except for one part. When you put the mattress in the bassinet, is there a way to attach the part of the mattress that folds upright to the bassinet?

From what I remember in the store, it was kind of floppy, but I figured there would be a way to secure it. There are velcro tabs on the mattress, but nowhere on the bassinet to attach them to.

Thanks,
Rachel

alkagift
09-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Rachel,
The bassinet instructions are the pits, I totally agree. For the bassinet you fold one end over toward the inside of the bassinet--say the mattress is in 4 equal quarters, and you've got it with the patterned side facing up. Bend it in half so you've got 2 quarters on the horizontal, 2 on the vertical. Then fold the vertical sides, patterned sides together, like this:

_ _ ||

This is so hard to explain!!!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

imnotready
09-26-2003, 03:46 PM
The bassinet board folds up and over the upright section of mattress (similar to pressing something in a book.) Two Velcro tabs on the front of the bassinet board pass through buttonholes and attach to Velcro strips on the back of the bassinet board. Hope this helps.

Sarah1
09-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Rachel,

The bassinet is BY FAR the hardest part to assemble, and it did always seem floppy to me, even though it's safe...when you start using it w/o the bassinet, it is a total snap.

Good luck...may you be blessed with patience!