PDA

View Full Version : Chemical free sunscreen

Milanns
09-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Does anyone use "Little Forest" or "California Babies" sunscreen. DS is 7 mos and we'd like to start taking him to the pool.

redhookmom
09-27-2003, 02:58 PM
We use California Baby products, including the sunscreen. The first time I used sunscreen with my DD she was 8 months old and we were at the zoo. It was Target's Baby brand. She had a terrible reaction and we spent about 2 hours at the First Aid station. My Ped. said it was most likely the Aloe in the sunscreen. Anyway we have been using California Baby ever since with no problems.

Something to note about the lotion is that it does not spread the same way as other lotions do. The best way I can think of to describe it is that it is thicker. It is also a little sticky until it dries. The tubes that it comes in sometimes leaks out of the bottum so I always keep it in a small zip lock. (For the price of California baby products I think all of thier containers should be of better quality.) I have found the face stick especially useful.

HTH
Jessica

heytootsy
09-27-2003, 08:20 PM
I wish I lived in a place that I had to worry about sunscreen this time of the year! Must be nice.

Shannah
10-01-2003, 12:56 AM
We have been using California Baby. I love it! The smell reminds me of fruit loops:) I started with that kind of sunscreen when he was a newborn because I wanted something really gentle. It is more expensive though. We recently tried a sample of the baby magic by banana boat and he did just fine with that. Now that he is older I think I'll just try the less expensive stuff. I think that the CB would be a good choice for you to try.

Shannah
mommy to Liam 5-10-02

Milanns
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks for your recommendations. I'll try the CB sunscreen. Yes I must admit that it IS nice to be able to think about going to the pool (or beach) all year round. Come on DOWN . . . Florida is a nice place to be all year round! (Just don't tell anyone);-)

stillplayswithbarbies
10-03-2003, 10:42 PM
I have Little Forest and like it just fine. It went on easy and she didn't get sunburned. I did though! Forgot to put something on me.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03