PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to by "the set" of Dr Seuss Books

mama2be
09-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Is there such a critter ("the set")...or away or bargain to get a good amount of them!!! They seem costly oon their own, but my dad loves Dr Seuss and if I could find such a route I think I could some how get them via him :)...

MartiesMom2B
09-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Neve:

While I haven't seen a set of the books, we picked up three Dr. Seuss books wrapped up in cellophane at BJs. They might have a similar thing over at Costco in the book section.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

ddmarsh
09-28-2003, 08:56 PM
They regularly have them at Sam's as well. I also am quite certain I noticed the board book versions of them at Barnes & Noble recently were buy 2 get 1 free.

Happy shopping and remember, it's not really spending money in the regular sense of the word when you're buying books :).

luvbeinmama
09-28-2003, 11:47 PM
They have them at Costco, too. That's how I started our collection. I've got DS signed up for the Seuss book club now, so he gets a couple books each month, and it's still a little cheaper ($13.50 for 2) than the bookstores (usu. $8 per book). Plus I don't have to go looking for them. DS's bookshelves are overflowing now, and he know every one of them. Good for you to start now!! ITA that money spent on books is different than regular "shopping".

zuzu
09-29-2003, 08:10 AM
If you don't mind used books, you may want to check used book stores. The used stores near us have a great selection of children's books, especially Dr. Seuss, and often have several copies of each book, so I can usually find one that looks as good as new. They may not have all books at one time, but I can often find more then ten different ones on each visit. You can't beat $2 - 3 for a Dr. Seuss book. I am so thankful my mom saved many of mine from 30 years ago, and I've been using Costco and the used stores to round out my collection.

Happy hunting!

melissa

KimberleyDawn
09-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Neve,
The collection is HUGE so I doubt that you want to buy them all at once. I'm lucky because I have most of them from Christopher and only have to replace a few that have seen better days but I can't let go of because they now have character! Is this for your dad because he loves reading them to Tristan or is it really just for him? I ask only because I was going to suggest a subscription for Tristan and a 2nd subscription as an x-mas present from Tristan to Grandpa.
Kim

ddmarsh
09-29-2003, 03:12 PM
Kim - I just noticed it looks like you have a new avatar (or perhaps I just hadn't realized and it's been a while) - it is so cute!

BTW, have you received my emails? I think I wrote you twice.

sntm
09-30-2003, 01:11 PM
if you are looking for your dad (and not for tristan) i know our waldenbooks has a big hardback which contains 6 or 8 of the most popular Seuss books. cheap, too, but not conducive for baby-reading because it is heavy...

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

ralu
09-30-2003, 08:21 PM
I am not sure if this is relevant for you, but, from what I've seen, the Beginners' Books collections at Sam's and Costco include books which are not authored by Dr. Seuss (typically they have 2 by Dr. Seuss paired with one by a different author).

Raluca